Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Don't start with me...
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the supps for the Swedish Rally to be held in a couple weeks and looked at the requirements for fuel. Competitors must use the standard FIA fuel at all times, to be dispensed from the organizers' truck. All fuel must be prepaid and ordered 3 weeks in advance of the event. The cost? A cool 4.90 euro per liter. That works out to about $25 a gallon. Ouch.

I don't want to hear any grousing about entry fees, either. Private entrants pay roughly $3500.

--Phil Barnes

·
Registered
64 Posts
Actually, FIA regs changed recently and private entrants are no longer required to use the FIA fuel. Only factory-registered teams must continue to use the FIA fuel, which I believe is provided by Shell at the moment.

But you're right, fuel is a major expense, even regardless of whether you use the FIA fuel. Elf Turbo Max is at the top of the most expensive category, but there are alternatives such as Carless which is considerably less expensive.

·
Registered
803 Posts
actually private entrants were never required to use FIA-supplied fuel by the FIA regulations, it was a per-rally regulation

a lot of WRC rallies require you to use the FIA-supplied fuel, for ease of managing refuelling and controlling fuel, but some never have and still dont

the rules have not changed - what you read in rally guide 1 and 2 will prevail, in other words, at a lot of the WRC events you MUST use the FIA-supplied fuel

a lot of privateers dont if they dont have to , because the FIA fuel is not as 'hot' as some other fuels

and even if the rally decides you dont have to use the fuel, some drivers are required to use it (prio 1/2/3)

-Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts