Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Ranger Rick pointed out, it sounds like rain is in the forecast.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USWA0403_f.html

Hopefully this will also cut down on the fire danger a tiny bit, but we promise to remain vigilant during our visit.

Rally on!

----------------------
John Dillon       John @ WidgetRacing.com
            www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
590 Posts
A little bit further north, it is raining now and has been on and off since last night.

Hopefully we can get enough of this light rain all week that dust is not an issue this weekend and we can go with one-minute windows so that the latter half of the field is not handicapped by darkness.

Doing my rain dance.....

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tuesday update

We've received only about 0.1" of rain down here over the last 2 days, and just over the northern stages. Not helping with fire danger, and dust is still just as thick as ever.

Keep on dancing Matt ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wednesday weather report

I felt 2 raindrops today. Way to go Matt ;)
Otherwise, mostly sunny, 70 degrees.
Dust is still very thick, and with no wind in places, hung in the air for way more than 2 minutes. Looks like the front runners will have a huge advantage. I'd hate to be in the back of the pack (wait a minute, I am x( )
Forecast shows more of the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RE: Wednesday weather report

any updates on how fire danger will affect spectating this weekend. all of this hope for rain hasn't helped much and we are two days away.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thursday weather report

>any updates on how fire danger will affect spectating this
>weekend. all of this hope for rain hasn't helped much and we
>are two days away.

Hi Silas,

As I pointed out in the FIRE DANGER thread, all public spectating locations are on. I'd ask that all spectators use only these locations where fire risk will be better controlled. And please no smoking in the woods. Thanks.

Now for your Thursday weather update:
After a perfectly clear morning, clouds and showers eventually appeared to the north. With a little moisture to the north, hopefully dust won't be as bad on the longest stage where catching and passing is most likely. This not enough rain to reduce the fire danger however. With a little more wind today, the major dust was clearing in about 1 minute, but still hanging in sheltered areas.

·
Registered
590 Posts
RE: Thursday weather report

Looks like I should have started about 2 days earlier.......

Got plenty of rain, but at the wrong time

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

1 - 8 of 8 Posts