Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,620 Posts
It was a great event, the controversy just added to the excitement!:eek:
Well done, the fact that the spectator directions went from spectator location to spectator location, instead of headquarters to location (which renders them useless)as at most rallies, was a big help. The spectator locations were great with excellent parking.
suggestions for dealing with the press I would like to offer and this refers to all rallies:
- Full course maps as well as directions listed as above. Maps should be detailed with labeled roads, squiggly lines on a peice of paper don't work very well
- Detailed schedule of the stages and services
- designated parking for press close to the stage. This should be reserved for press that show up at the last minute since when you are trying to cover as many stages as possible you can't show up an hour early and you can't park a mile away either.
-press parking window sticker/sign to get one into above mentioned parking area
- Starting order sheets
- a crackdown on the amount of press credentials given out. I see a lot of illegitamate "press" taking photos with disposable or point
and shoot cameras, they are not professionals and end up pissing off the marshals so that when the real press arrive they get a hard time.

Probably a lot to ask but hopefully it can be arranged.

· Registered
1,620 Posts
An example of what got me going on this is: At Ojibwe, some highschool age guys with there girlfriends flashed press passes, proceeded to pass under the yellow tape into a dangerous spot pulled out their lawn chairs and sat down. when the marshals told them it was dangerous and that they had to move, the guys started mouthing off. At which point the marshal got ticked and I got removed along with them, even though I was no where near them!We all know that there are not many media outlets covering the sport, so I find it a stretch that there were something like 80 press passes given out in Ojibwe. I have talked to Kurt about this and changes were made in WW and more for next year. The point is no one asks for proof that one is from the media when the passes are given out and marshals have not checked from less than 20 feet away. If it is easy to get a press pass it de-values the point of having it and allows others to interfere with the people that have a job to do. Other press people have expressed this to me as well.
I am by no means discouraging people from taking photos at the events no matter what kind of equipment they have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.