Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not about the contoversy (what's a rally without controversy anyways?)

I'm looking for feedback from drivers and co-drivers about the stages to help make next years event even more enjoyable. What did you like, what could you have done without? Please be specific, what corners/sections/stages were the most fun, flowing, challenging, etc?

How did the central service areas work for crews (besides being tight and long and forcing teams to speed)?

And spectators/photographers, what did you think of the public spector locations? (other than you'd like more, of course)

Since I only made it to stage 2, I didn't get the full experience, and would like to know what you think.

Thanks for your input,
Rick

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, thanks for all your feedback, kind words, and constructive criticism. I'm glad most that attended had a good time.
Let me just make a couple of points here to assure you NWR is aware of these concerns and already putting things in place to make it even better next year.
First, we were way behind on organizing this event. (If you?d like to help make this smoother, please volunteer to help. We meet every Tuesday in Olympia to plan this event for all of you). Like usual, last minute planning and late nights got everything ready on the Tuesday before the event. This meant no time to double-check the route book, last minute schedule changes to make transits safer (although it sounds like some were still too tight), late supp's, and dealing with Simpson's request for fire protection (despite the rain, wudda ya expect in the NW?). One big thing coming out of the wrap-up meeting was: we need a priority schedule, like supps done 3 weeks before, route book 2 weeks, etc..... This one item alone will hopefully make things smoother next year, and reduce the confusion from differing schedules, etc.
The FIA stuff added alot of extra stuff that the NWR organizers weren't anticipating, and alot of headaches. Unfortunately (from my perspective), it sounds like we will still seek FIA listing next year. I think this means the same unpopular regroups, separate service/fuel, etc, in hopes of some day hosting a WRC event again. Oh well, at least Dryad will still be a relaxed event easier on the Clubbies.
I'll pass on the request to post provisional scores the following morning. Sounds like a good idea, easier for all (unless I'm missing something).
Rough roads : Welcome to Simpson }>. 2 points here- Simpson doesn't grade their roads unless harvesting in the area. This has caused some discontent amongst Simpson employees, because the stage roads remain rutted for years (despite the fact SCCA has always paid for road repairs). To alleviate this perspective and appease the landowner, this year the SCCA is contracting a grader to fix the roads themselves after the event (notice the difference between ORV RallySprint vs. ORV WW?, that's what a grader can do). So all these stage roads will be fixed up, and in better shape next year. I'm sure we can still find a few rough stages for those who like them, but I'm hoping to have generally smoother roads for next years event. Another point on roads- come to Dryad! We re-use stage roads and only repair them after the season (to save $), so they should be good for Dryad, but may already be rutted by WW (the local Club benefit).
The three new stages out West held up very well, so they could become permanent fixtures of these rallies (with the added benefit of adjacent service/spectator areas).
Hope you all enjoyed this rally and will be back for next year,
Rick
(half organizer, half landowner, remaining fraction driver)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.