Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys but Japan is the next country to receive a full WRC event. I hope noone expected the USA/Canada/Mexico to get it. Someday they may realize that they need our market more than we need their rules. See the light, run blind.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Someday they may realize that they need our market
>more than we need their rules.

Very true Roger!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Where did you get that info? I have only seen that it is a nomination. Hokaido would be a fantastic plase to go see a rally

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hokaido is beautiful and gets a ton of snow in the winter, we will get an event one day but here there are so many liability issues that I think that scares some people off. The NHL is going to have to pay $$$$ for that girl that was killed imagine the litigation if somebody lost it and went into spectators like Sainz last year in Britain there would be huge lawsuits.

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
>Sorry guys but Japan is the next country to receive a full
>WRC event. I hope noone expected the USA/Canada/Mexico to
>get it. Someday they may realize that they need our market
>more than we need their rules. See the light, run blind.

First,... it's not carved in stone yet that Japan will get it. Japan will have two FIA sanctioned events in hope of receiving the go.
Second,... they have their **** together. We don't.
Third,... you should thoroughly inform yourself before putting out statements.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
967 Posts
...but Peugeot picks Mexico

"Regular FIA World Rally Championship contender and Peugeot Sport driver Harri Rovanpera will contest the 2002 Corona Rally Mexico in a works-supported 206 World Rally Car.

Peugeot?s commitment to the event underlines Corona Rally Mexico?s status as a realistic contender for future inclusion in the World Rally Championship, North America?s flagship rally having been favourably observed by the FIA last year."

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
RE: WRC Picks Japan

I hope Japan gets it(I live and race in Japan).

I have been talking to one of my sponsors and they have just built a new car for a customer for the Hokkaido event. The only problem is it won`t be able to compete in GrpA or GrpN (FIA rules) because it is built to the Japanese rulebook.
So for this year`s event they have added a GrpJ for all the Japanese competitors.

I have sat out this year and possibly next year to wait and see what happens with the Japanese rules.

GrpN (FIA) rollcage must be welded.
JAF rules don`t allow fully welded cages, they must be mainly bolt-on.

2002 cages were changed from min. 35mm to 38mm. But JAF have said that rules will be changing over the next 3 years.
I`m thinking 40mm but.....

Also the turbo restrictor will be implemented and most shops and racers don`t know anything about it.

So this year I have only entered RallyCross events.
So I don`t have anyone telling what to do!!!!!!
Hmmmm , ohhhhhhh I still have my wife , and she isn`t as polite and complains much more.

Robert VanLane
TakeTomboRacing

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
RE: WRC Picks Japan

All it says is that the Japanese automobile federation has nominated it, which means it has about the same chance as any other rally to be apart of the WRC. Personally I think Japan should get it since the only reason the WRC still exists is because of Japans car companies. Japan is the most car crazy culture I have ever been to. And Just think, us Americans will have a clear view of the stages over all their heads:+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts