Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was watching speed channel last night and purely by accident i stumbled onto the "nascar news". to get to the point, they said that some american motorsports competitors will be participating in some sort of rally exibition in europe. the american contigents would be eric pastrana i think (is that how you spell his name?) jeff gordon and whoever his team mates name is. the blurb was played out a little more and a little more informative i'm sure, i just wonder if anyone else has heard anything about this and maybe some opinions on the matter and maybe some details i forgot. personally i think it is a damn good idea for exposure.

ryan

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have seen an article about this last year (or something similar) in one of those car mags the guys in my family get. It was in the Canary Islands, by invitation only; representing the US were several roundy-round types and a couple motocross types, I think. Don't know why they didn't tap any of our top rally types, but maybe they didn't know who they were at the time. :)

Is this the same thing, or similar? :) Sounds cool, either way...

KT

·
Registered
366 Posts
RE: WRC + NASCAR? Race of Champions??

Race of champions? Canary Islands? Michelle Mouton and her husband put this thing together I understand.
It would be something very fun to see in person. We usally get a show of it later in the year on SPEED.

·
Registered
436 Posts
>Don't know why they didn't
>tap any of our top rally types, but maybe they didn't know
>who they were at the time. :)
>
>KT

Rhys Millen went last year. (Does that mean he isn't a
top rally type?) It is organized by Michelle
Mouton, of Group B Audi Quatto fame.

Patrick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, is that what they were talking about? i didn't think they brought the nascar guys in on that one. they even resurect some old "killer B" cars if i remember right. as a matter of fact i think i watched speed channels coverage of that last year. i am still just awed that they invite nascar guys.

ryan

·
Shifting and drifting
513 Posts
Last year it was Robby Gordon, who did the USA very proud with fast stage times until a roll.

This year it will be Jeff Gordon (remember, he drove midgets on dirt) and Jimmy Johnson I believe. Thrown in for good mix is an "X" games type dude, but since I am past that phase, I don't remember who it was that is going to compete.

Good luck guys.

PS, for excitement, I would like to see Paul Tracy, and Jimmy Spencer next year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.