Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Folks here is the deal for WRC Mexico.
Rui Brasil was able to organize the Hotel and Vans to get everyone out to the stages just like last year. This package does not include airfaire this time as people traveled from all over the country.

The hotel is booked from March 9th (wednesday) through the 13th (sunday) check out monday am. You need to arrive wednesday if you want to see the shakedown (I would recomend it) and opening ceremony in Guanajuato.

If you are planing on going by your self, do not hesitate to call Rui, he has couple of people 1, Male and 1, female that are looking for someone to share the double occupancy rooms.

The prelim schedule is:

Day 1
meet by the hotel in the am go to shakedown
go shopping for suplies (yes, there is COSTCO in Leon)
back to hotel
5pm leave for Guanajuato to see ceremony

Day 2
go out to state
come back for service #1
go back to stage

Day 3
go out to stages all day
came back for last service of day
after dinner take Rui's tour arround the city of Leon

Day 4
Go out to the stages for final day
come back for award presentation

Day 5
check out in the am

The price is $398/person based on double occupancy
if you want your own room it is $605. There are 40 spots available.
There are 50 seats available in the van.

For additional information contact Rui Brasil (even if you called in the past)
Rui's # 408-230-8261

See you all there for another great event.
George Plsek
george AT gtekg DOT com

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could someone who?s gone before please tell me about how much I can expect to pay for meals, taxi from the airport to the hotel, and other misc. stuff. This package is only hotel and travel to the stages right? Is there any other charge for stage passes/tickets?

Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>Could someone who?s gone before please tell me about how much
>I can expect to pay for meals, taxi from the airport to the
>hotel, and other misc. stuff. This package is only hotel and
>travel to the stages right? Is there any other charge for
>stage passes/tickets?
>
>Thanks!
>

The taxi from the airport to the hotel was like $15, you can share a van with people from airport to town for about $10. On food it really depends what you want to eat. You can buy your own at the market (pretty cheap) or there are several great restaurants in the area where you can get a decent meal for $8-$10 if you don't drink too much Tequela or Cerveza. The stages are free, no need to buy tix. There are several places on the spectator areas where you can buy food.

-george

·
Registered
119 Posts
"you can get a decent meal for $8-$10 if you don't drink too much Tequela or Cerveza"

Hey George, where's the fun in avoiding tequila (the unofficial beverage of the CRS)? :)

Hope to see you there (not sure if we'll make it yet)!

Abel
Co-driver, Team Rally Monkey
-----
Disclaimer: No actual monkeys were harmed, endured motion sickness, wind burned, sandblasted or had their arms stretched by g-loading and excessive speed in the pursuit of rally trophies.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobody is suggestung you should stay away from a beverage of choice.
But for the budget minded person that might be a wise idea, or I guess don't eat just drink.

-george

·
Registered
119 Posts
"or I guess don't eat just drink" :D

-----
Disclaimer: No actual monkeys were harmed, endured motion sickness, wind burned, sandblasted or had their arms stretched by g-loading and excessive speed in the pursuit of rally trophies.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a reminder.

There are still some spots open for the trip. Call and book today.
Some people are deciding vs going this year and next year. Next year might not be as exciting as both Pug and Citroen might not be running.

-george

·
Registered
777 Posts
Rui told me that most places take US dollars and not to even bother exchanging money.

Just wondering who on SS is going as part of Rui's package? I am, but could not find any jokers from here to go with me, so I'm sharing a room with someone. Whoever you are, see ya there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts