Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WRT Media
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amigos,

We just got back from the King of the Hammers race and received some bad news regarding the Bus Trip organized by our Sponsor - VIAJES ALEXA Owned by Hugh Alvarado of Laredo, Texas.

He explained there were numerous reasons for canceling but the main one was the recent violence on the Hwy 57
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/15/national/main20032137.shtml

The other was that only 10 folks had inquired about the trip:(

Mr. Hugo Alvarado apologizes.

Our team unfortunely will also not be attending due to a change in our racing calender for 2011.

Melissa,
World Rally Team Media

·
WRT Media
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WRC BUS CRUZ FROM LAREDO, TEXAS

A tour company from Texas is putting together a great package for a Luxury Bus leaving from Laredo on Wed March 2 and returning Monday March 7.

Price will include First Class Bus Fare, Bilingual Guided Tours, Hotel, plus rides to the Presentation, Parq Ferme, and the Super Special Stage from the hotel.

More info later this week...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I'd be down depending on price, I can even get that time off.

Drinking tequila in 40*C weather while in Mexico? Hells yes!

·
LSPR speccie/worker & YBJ fan
795 Posts
Price will include...
If we mention "Slocum" at time of order, will we get a discounted price? :D

Alright, this sounds neat, will be looking out for more info. We already have our passports, so that is taken care of. At the moment, I will daydream that I will be attending. However, since I have horrible follow-thru and cannot commit to anything (not to mention limited funds), most likely a visit to Rally Mexico will be just that for me, a daydream...

·
Head first, balls deep!
706 Posts
whoa.. so i just gotta make it to Texas, and from there everything is more/less covered in the '$450" price tag?

·
"L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
94 Posts
I think the Real Del Minas in Leon is sold out, or at least thats what the website is saying so if they have rooms already blocked off this is pretty sweet. The one in Leon is directly across from the Poliforum and is where Ben and I stayed last year. So you wake up and have breakfast and head across the street to the service park.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting.

Any suggestions on where to fly into (San Ant I assume) and how to get to Laredo from there?

·
WRT Media
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LAREDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Towana,

You can fly into the LAREDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (LRD is the code)
http://laredo-airport.com/

We are waiting on the Tour Company to give us the full package deal that will include a Laredo Hotel right by the airport.

WRT MEDIA,
Melissa

·
Registered
777 Posts
Are those girls riding on the bus too??
Also, no mention of getting to the stages (only the super), is there any arrangements for that?

And to the comment above of tequila in 40 degree weather, it was mostly above 60 when I was there in '05 and warmer in the city.

·
WRT Media
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Feliz Navidad

321Go,

Sorry the First Class Bus cant go offroad:(

But for sure it will take you to the Special Stage Course in Leon

Poliforum (RALLY CAMPUS)

Presentation in Colonial GTO,

FINISHING CEREMONY

We recommend you purchase the VIP passes at www.rallymexico.com or you can buy them directly there for the Super Special and Pits area, and Presentation. :D

Dont, worry about the girls. That is why MR. HUGO is in charge of this tour, he is the true guru on a great times. :D

Saludos,
Melissa,
WRT MEDIA

·
Registered
777 Posts
321Go,

Sorry the First Class Bus cant go offroad:(
Oh, I'm sure it can't, but I'd think anyone who was doing this would chip in for some vans that could get out to the stages.
Supers are ok once or so, but no substitute for hiking up a mountain and sitting by some abandoned cantina or church or at a water splash.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts