Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· ROOKIE TEAM OF WRC MEXICO 2008
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IT'S SHAKE & BAKE TIME ONCE AGAIN....3 DAYS, 20 STAGES, 354 KMS OF DIRT AND GLORY!

WRC MEXICO 2010 ...IS LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY! This will be our second rally race but this time in our own car. In WRC MEXICO 2008 we ran our first rally race in a rental in class A6, the rig was a homologated WRC PEUGEOT 206 SX which performed well and we managed to survive our first rally and put on a good show, they named us rookie team amongs the mexican teams. We race for the colonial city of Guanajuato, one of the host cities of the WRC Mexico. Damn that race was intense!
In 2010 we will be returning with more bongo power and representing the city of SILAO, another host city of WRC MEXICO. This will be the first time SILAO has a team in WRC, we are very honored to be chosen as the team. We race in Class A6 WRC homologated Peugeot 206 SX. Our RECCE rig is a rally prepped 1997 VW Golf.

WRC WORLD RANKING POINTS, ALL TIME STATISTICS, MEXICO & THE REST OF THE WORLD

Click here to see results forWRC MEXICO 2008, where only 28 vehicles finished out of the 42 enlisted. Congrats to all the teams, WRC MEXICO is a very enduring course!
Click here to see past results for WRC MEXICO 2004 -2007

Click here to see WRC WORLD RANKING SCORES

Let's see what surprises WRC MEXICO 2010 brings :D

WRC MEXICO 2010 - GTOROCKS® RACING TEAM

Jorge Luis Campos - Team Agent & Moderator
Lalo Diaz - Team Agent

Jose Manuel Ponce Navarrete - Driver / Piloto
Bill Bridge - Co-Pilot / Navegante
Johnny DeSpain - Crew Chief
Jaime Garza - Tech
Waldo Castellanos Kim - Pit Crew
Heath Catron - Pit Crew
Louie Keener - Pit Crew
Hugo Bustos - Pit Crew
Othon Martinez - Pit Crew
Juan Pablo Oliva Cruces - Pit Crew
Octavio Oliva Cruces - Pit Crew
Mario Berea Morales - Pit Crew
Hiram Ballesteros Coria - Pit Crew
Fernando Perez del Rio - Footage Crew

Saludos
HOTROD PONCE
BILL BRIDGE
PATROCINADO POR

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GETTING READY FOR WRC MEXICO FEB 5-7, 2010

THE KING OF THE HAMMERS RACE Feb 9-10[/URL] WILL SERVE AS PRACTICE FOR US BEFORE WRC.

HERE IS A LITTLE TASTE OF KOH
YouTube - King Of The Hammers 2009 DVD Trailer
OUR 2010 KOH RIG IS A 2007 Motorcity Machines Chassis - Supercharged FI 3.8L Ford, C4 auto tranny, Ford D20 transfer, Ford D60 front axle, Sterling rear axle.

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM RACES WRC MEXICO 2010

Gracias Robevo,

Thanx for the support, hope we have the same luck as 2008. This time we are going to do RECCE and get more tires :D

Hope to one day be able to go race in RALLY AMERICA with all you big dogs.

By the way nice website. More updates soon with pics of the rigs.

Ponce

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some more footage...

We were only able to do 3 stages out of the 20 for RECCE :( But we tried out best to drive that little rental and survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMwipzQVzwU

Does anyone know if any USA teams are racing WRC MEXICO? I have dual citizenchip and my co driver BILL BRIDGE is from the USA so we will be sporting the USA FLAG as well this time...like Pancho and Lefty.

· obsessed with racing
103 Posts
IT'S SHAKE & BAKE TIME ONCE AGAIN....3 DAYS, 20 STAGES, 354 KMS OF DIRT AND GLORY!

WRC MEXICO 2010 ...IS LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY! This will be our second rally race but this time in our own car. In WRC MEXICO 2008 we ran our first rally race in a rental in class A6, the rig was a homologated WRC PEUGEOT 206 SX which performed well and we managed to survive our first rally and put on a good show, they named us rookie team amongs the mexican teams. We race for the colonial city of Guanajuato, one of the host cities of the WRC Mexico. Damn that race was intense!
In 2010 we will be returning with more bongo power and representing the city of SILAO, another host city of WRC MEXICO. This will be the first time SILAO has a team in WRC, we are very honored to be chosen as the team. We race in Class A6 WRC homologated Peugeot 206 SX. Our RECCE rig is a rally prepped 1997 VW Golf.

WRC WORLD RANKING POINTS, ALL TIME STATISTICS, MEXICO & THE REST OF THE WORLD

Click here to see results forWRC MEXICO 2008, where only 28 vehicles finished out of the 42 enlisted. Congrats to all the teams, WRC MEXICO is a very enduring course!
Click here to see past results for WRC MEXICO 2004 -2007

Click here to see WRC WORLD RANKING SCORES

Let's see what surprises WRC MEXICO 2010 brings :D

WRC MEXICO 2010 - GTOROCKS® RACING TEAM

Jorge Luis Campos - Team Agent & Moderator
Lalo Diaz - Team Agent

Jose Manuel Ponce Navarrete - Driver / Piloto
Bill Bridge - Co-Pilot / Navegante
Johnny DeSpain - Crew Chief
Jaime Garza - Tech
Waldo Castellanos Kim - Pit Crew
Heath Catron - Pit Crew
Louie Keener - Pit Crew
Hugo Bustos - Pit Crew
Othon Martinez - Pit Crew
Juan Pablo Oliva Cruces - Pit Crew
Octavio Oliva Cruces - Pit Crew
Mario Berea Morales - Pit Crew
Hiram Ballesteros Coria - Pit Crew
Fernando Perez del Rio - Footage Crew

Saludos
HOTROD PONCE
BILL BRIDGE
PATROCINADO POR

Awesome, great to see your team back in action. Good luck, and hopefully you will get the opportunity to run some Rally America events in the future.

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
WRC MEXICO 2010 MAPS

DONT WORRY LENSMAN I WILL MAKE SURE THE BRING THE BONGO PARTY!

WRC MEXICO WEBSITE
http://www.rallymexico.com/home.php[/url]

MAPS DAYS 1-3

MARCH 4 CEREMONIAL START IN SILAO AND GUANAJUATO

MARCH 5 LEON and GUANAJUATO STAGES This is the hardest day and many cars will drop like flies.

MARCH 6 LEON and SILAO - TEAM´S ENERGY AND CARNAGE IS BEGINNING TO KICK IN HARD!

MARCH 7 LEON and SILAO
This year there will once again be the SUPER SPECIAL STAGES ALONG WITH A STREET STAGE.

Click here to see maps
http://www.rallymexico.com/Map/MapaDaysMx10.pdf

ITINERARY
http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/ItineraryMx10.pdf

MAIN MAP - MAPA PRINCIPAL
http://www.rallymexico.com/Map/MapaGeneralColorMx10.pdf

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
WRC AMIGOS

I still don't know about any teams, but I'll be down there working with the organizers again, it will be good to see you Ponce!

-Pete
RIGHT ON PETE, IT WILL BE GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND US :D

WOW PRETTY CRAZY THAT BACK IN 2006 WHEN WE MET IN GTO AT WRC I WAS A FAN, AND WE ARE RACING OUR SECOND RALLY EVENT, THIS TIME IN OUR OWN PEUGEOT :D

SALUDOS,
PONCE

· L1 !!! HPR into HPL
993 Posts
Hi Ponce,

Hope to be back in Leon and GTO again this year working with Mike, Paula, and Pete. Will certainly look you up as well as Johnny who I saw last summer on the way to Nations Rally until I got sick and had to return home.

Thanks,

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
WRC BONGO TEAM

Hola Dave send me an sms to +5214731185723 so I can have your cell if not thru facebook. Johnny will be flying here every weekend starting Jan 22 to maintain the race and practice rig and see all his girlfriends :D

Sorry I missed that Rally Nations but my sponsors backed out due to that whole influenza scandal so I headed to vikingland until things cooled down. But we are back and ready to put on a great show!

Pete send me your cell as well via sms.

Gracias, this Rally is going to be more fun and full of surprises since it is part of the Bi Centennial mexico celebration.

Saludos and dont ever let the bongo end!
Ponce :D

Im telling you, Johnny be good...

My Crew Chief Johnny Despain coaching me on day 3 of WRC 2008, we moved up from 3rd to finish 2nd out of 13 Puegeots.

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WRC MEXICO 2010 SCHEDUL AND MAPS

WRC is covered by 188 countries via 228 broadcasters, with a total audience of over 633 million plus 12 million visitors to wrc.com. 2009 will see a total of 12 rallies staged across the world! www.wrc.com

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.