Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems that the Corona-Mexico Rally will have WRC status, so it may be interesting for some US and Canadian teams, to appproch mexican Rally Championship, I think it would get a lot of benefit to the three countries to try to have some experience competing together, so eeverybody could help each other to improve the teams, the cars, to recieve in a better way an WRC event... who would'n like to compete in a world class rally event?.... There's going to be another NACAM event in mexico Called the 24 hour rally, i think is going to be a good chance to approch mexican teams, organizers, and mexican ralling system

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Yes,.. it would be nice if teams would get together and exchange experience. But on the other hand,.. at least in the US there is no specific FIA A and N class. The FIA will not allow Open class cars to run as A's. So much would have to change. Cage spec's alone would through most teams out of competition. Not to mention the cost of WRC events.
Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well here at Mexico we got the FIA regulations and the Mexican Regulations for the cars, this is because the transition to a change is not easy as you write it down, for example all the GTI Golfs (as we got to many of them racing in here), are set on the Mexican A7 status, we got FIAs N4 and mexicans N4, for example here in mexico there are only just to cars with the complete FIA especifications, there's a Mitsubiishi Evo V, that belonged to Manfred Sthol (the one with he won 1999 class N Cataluña Rally), and a Renault clio N3 , all the others mitusbishis belong to Mexican N4 (with FIA Mexican made Cheaper roll cages, and stuff like that), and some mexican A8, a little bit more equiped, or more like garage made A8, but peaple are starting to look foward for better prepared cars, at the US or Europe. For example, in the last Rally Mexico, that's why Rovanpera was so powerfull he was the only one with an WRC car so he got no competition, the others had at least FIAs N4 or Mexican A8, the second place of thet race was an FIA N4 but with a lot of suspension and fuel pump problems, and the Third place was an Mexican A7... and the crews!!, you should saw that the peugeto WRC team was around 200 square feet area, and about 50 pepople direct or no direct working in it, the best second crew was around 3 people for a team..., so as you see, I think there's not such a big deal to began to make a transition, a slow one so everybody can start mixing our traditionals regional specifications and the new FIA's, making cheap changes and being competitive as well, I think that american and canadian teams should aproach to Mexican Rallies, all parts would learn a lot from each other, and that will help with the improvememnt of rallies, and teams all over the region, that is happening with all the jamaican and costa rican teams that are comming, every next year they come they are comming in better and more regulated cars, for example the costarican teams start 3 years ago coming in home made toyotas corollas, and now they came in really nice subarus, and two cars, sponsored by Mitsubishi of costa rica, so they also told me they are improving all the cars over there, and the old ones are used to run novices classes for the young people or all those that one to start in these kind of events... so as you see. that's why maybe it's not that hard..

regard

Albert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts