Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that the Corona-Mexico Rally will have WRC status, so it may be interesting for some US and Canadian teams, to appproch mexican Rally Championship, I think it would get a lot of benefit to the three countries to try to have some experience competing together, so eeverybody could help each other to improve the teams, the cars, to recieve in a better way an WRC event... who would'n like to compete in a world class rally event?.... There's going to be another NACAM event in mexico Called the 24 hour rally, i think is going to be a good chance to approch mexican teams, organizers, and mexican ralling system

·
Registered
135 Posts
The 24 hours of Mexico is also part of the Championship of North American Rallies (CNAR). The remaining events in the championship are: The 24 Hours, Wild West, Charlevoix and Ramada Express.

At the event the CNAR flag and logo where located next to the FIA flag and logo.

If you want to be part of the FIA WRC in the future you need to be part of CNAR. see: www.cnarally.org

John K. Shirley

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi John,

I am glad and impressed that CNAR is appearing to have success in a short period of time.

I have a question that may be of interest to lots of folks: For us pure hobby types who have no intention (or business!) of being in WRC, should we be looking to get into CNAR?

This is NOT intended to be a loaded question; many of us trust your direction, judegement, and guidance (mainly based on the fact that you and Kendall work to take care of all of us, big and small). So, it's really an honest open question. Please don't feel any obligation to answer if this is in any way awkward.

Thanks,
Mark Bowers

·
Registered
135 Posts
>I have a question that may be of interest to lots of folks:
>For us pure hobby types who have no intention (or business!)
>of being in WRC, should we be looking to get into CNAR?
>Thanks,
>Mark Bowers

My answer to that is "No." CNAR is not for the hobbiest. The series is for the teams who want to get experience with FIA rules of operation, recce, course/pace notes, and competition. Although I ran a budget to do all events and it came out about even with doing the National series, the time needed to compete in the rallies is considerably more extensive.

CNAR fills the gap between the National series and the WRC series by providing a (FIA) Zone Championship. It is what our drivers/co-drivers will need to do if they have WRC aspirations and talent.

I can think of one way CNAR could benefit the hobbiest... in about 3 years, those cars will be in the used rally car market where maybe I can buy one :)

Kendall

Hmm, just noticed that John has re-registered on the forum! FYI, I am not CofC for Cherokee Trails.

·
Registered
409 Posts
RE: CNAR website URL

I believe he meant:

http://www.cnarally.org/

Now that that's been cleared up, you only have to decide where to spend your money:

a) running a season in a North American Zone Championship, or

b) on a new house.

;)

Bill

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Thanks very much for the viewpoint, Kendall; this confirms what I was sorta/kinda thinkin'. It certainly helps to have an open assessemnt of the situation. I personally think this is placed pretty much just right, as a next teir up from National. Thanks again to you and John and your org for all the work.

Mark Bowers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a doubt

why anyone got points at the Corona Rally Mexico?, a frind of mine that was there told me there were some american and teams, even australian teams, but, why Not even the mexican teams (maybe both N4's that finished 2nd and 5th) got points for the cnar?

Albert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.