Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok
Help me out, I have been dependent on SPEEd for my WRC coverage and now am, left hi and dry. What are my coverage options in the US? Is there web coverage with video available for a fee?

Help,

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you go to WRC.com and then subscribe to WRC+ that may get you what you want. I haven't tried it so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. They used to have coverage via WRC Rally Radio but now that is a pay service as well.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
I subscribed to WRC+ last year. I am not sure if it was worth 40 GBP a year, but in the absence of anything else, it might be.

They have not posted today's segments (so I don't know what they are like this year), but last year they produced half-day wrap-up video segments. They also had separate in-car video, "close calls" (offs or near-offs) and technical segments. The strange thing about the wrap-up segments is that there is no voice-over narration, so it can sometime be hard to figure out what is going on.

You can also follow the rally scoring live (with split times), but if you are on the west coast, you have to get up early for the european events (just like watching F1 live).

At Australia last year, they had live video and it was great. But it stopped working after the first day.

alan

·
Global Village Idiot
543 Posts
I sent an email to ISC (Dave Richards company that controls the TV rights to WRC) the other day but have still not heard back from them whether there are any plans at all to show it over here.

[email protected]

Looks like I'll be calling the parents back home to tape it for me!
Update : actually I just found out they have a DVD recorder so I may be able to get the broadcasts recorded and sent here. The lengths we have to go to!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can get Rally Radio going with the above link, but not via the button on the WRC Live control board. Anyone else having this issue?

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
>Ok
>Help me out, I have been dependent on SPEED for my WRC
>coverage and now I'm, left hi and dry. What are my coverage
>options in the US? Is there web coverage with video available
>for a fee?
>
>Help,

Jay,
Hate to tell you, but there is, I should say was, no TV coverage other than "SPEED" in the US.
This is history as of 2006.
Only options are DVD's that you can order at the end of the season.
I know, it sucks.

Whiplash Rallye Sport
(Rallying is not a crime)

·
Registered
21 Posts
>I can get Rally Radio going with the above link, but not via
>the button on the WRC Live control board. Anyone else having
>this issue?

Scratch that - Rally Radio is working tonight, and they just read my email on the air (thanks guys!).

Anyone here know if all the rallies on the WRC schedule run 2 minute separation or are there some with 1min?

·
Registered
524 Posts
>Help me out, I have been dependent on SPEEd for my WRC
>coverage and now am, left hi and dry. What are my coverage
>options in the US? Is there web coverage with video available
>for a fee?

Monte Carlo 2006 vids just popped on Torrent Spy's bitorrent tracker.

I'm about an hour away from having day 1 downloaded. If I can get the rest of them downloaded I'll try to put together a CD or DVD of the event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts