Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Stage Rally Racing Fan
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING as to if we in the USA are going to get WRC coverage this year? In last post I read concerning this, the WRC said they were hoping to be back on US airwaves in March. Well, here its almost April, and still nothing. Any new info regarding this? Speed Channel or OLN? ANYTHING?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks to me like the only coverage you are going to get is off of the internet. Sucks.
BUT with this whole new X-Games thing, maybe we will see it aired next year?

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
NO coverage!
SPEED is in the business for the money, just like any other Broadcasting Company and sold their soul to NASCAR.
Broadcasting WRC or any other Rallye is a financial loss because we are such a small group in the US.

Whiplash Rallye Sport
(Rallye isn't a Crime)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Although downloading the Eurosport broadcasts is an extra step (or three), the final product is, IMHO, a superior product to what was being broadcast by SpeedTV. No commercials, no Ralph Shaheen, no Nick's Pix. I am able to archive the programs on CD-R's that play perfectly in my home theater DVD player (not just on the computer).

I am extremely satisfied with the Eurosport coverage.

I believe WRC on SpeedTV is like pearls before swine.

Happy Motoring

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>Although downloading the Eurosport broadcasts is an extra
>step (or three), the final product is, IMHO, a superior
>product to what was being broadcast by SpeedTV.

Where can one download the Eurosport broadcasts?

What is complex "..step (or three).." about downloading them?

Is it legal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I heard that Speed Channel will air the WRC events later this year. They're delaying the air dates because it isn't cost effective to air the events on Sunday night of the rally weekend. Of course this is all hear-say so anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Matt

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
>>Although downloading the Eurosport broadcasts is an extra
>>step (or three), the final product is, IMHO, a superior
>>product to what was being broadcast by SpeedTV.
>
>
>Where can one download the Eurosport broadcasts?

See this discussion thread -
http://www.specialstage.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=225&topic_id=2517&mesg_id=2517

>What is complex "..step (or three).." about downloading them?

You can either go to one of the mirror sites and download the files and watch them on your favorite player (likely the Windows Media player) that understand DivX .avi files or you can watch them on torrent. The .avi file for each day is around 250M, so the whole rally weekend is about 1G of download.

The complex thing making sure that you have a DivX codec for your player.

>Is it legal?

Here is the notice that is posted on one of the download sites:

- WRC 2006 Disclaimer:
- The World Rally Championship is aired on Public TV, Public
- Sattelites, Public and government TV/Radio/Internet stations
- across Europe
- The capture of data or a/v signals containing WRC material is
- therefore considered free and public, same as remembered thought,
- written words or even any other form of data or material
- considered free public and uncensored.
- All work on this website, including the work that I myself have
- done (see the car videos section) is also considered public
- domain and may be copied, redistributed, watched, remembered,
- written about and talked about freely.

This argument sounds bogus to me, but I don't know European or international copyright law that well.

alan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its not legal, but personally if there is really no other way for me to watch, I don't think I would get in any sort of trouble.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My suspicion is that Subaru is spending what use to be their WRC TV subsidy money on the Travis and Ken Show. Fine by me I would rather see them spending it here to help US rally than showing off the WRC. I am just wondering when RA or USRC is going to be on. I have been trying to TiVo it but haven’t seen any yet. Anyone?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Funny how money goes to money.
Not that those guys don't earn it, but I would like to see Subaru put up some prize money for some chump level events to get more people in a better position to race at the top.
J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts