Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in from Rally-Live.com via Yahoo:

FIA defer WRC ban.

The FIA today announced that it has deferred a ruling to ban the participation of Group A, four-wheel drive and turbocharged engines in regional championships, by a year.
The World Motor Sport council had proposed to ban such specification vehicles, including WRC cars, from participation in disciplines such as the European and British Rally Championships.

The move was primarily designed to reduce costs and increase safety, but was met by opposition from those teams who had already invested in the cars and the likes of Prodrive and M-Sport who sell such machines to customers as a substantial source of income.

However, a fax vote saw the proposed January 1, 2003, ban deferred by one year until January 1, 2004.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>However, a fax vote saw the proposed January 1, 2003, ban
>deferred by one year until January 1, 2004.

Of course, come this time next year they can have another vote and defer it another year...

One of these days the FIA is going to realize that it should consult with, and get agreement from, the affected parties before making decisions like the WRC ban. However, since they keep trying to do this sort of thing, I'm not going to hold my breath... ;-)

It's probably about time for them to completely re-write the rulebook and homologation rules again (the last time was 20 years ago). Anyone for new classes, maybe with numeric rather than alphabetic names this time? (Group 1, Group 2,...)

Adrian
(yes, I'm kidding about the last bit)

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Adrian said:

>One of these days the FIA is going to realize that it should
>consult with, and get agreement from, the affected parties
>before making decisions like the WRC ban.

Perhaps they have developed their "modus operandi" from the SCCA model. }>

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>One of these days the FIA is going to realize that it should
>>consult with, and get agreement from, the affected parties
>>before making decisions like the WRC ban.
>
>Perhaps they have developed their "modus operandi" from the
>SCCA model. }>

I think it's the other way around. The FIA has been doing the dictatorial thing for years...

Adrian

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the appropriate punch line there is "No, that's just God, he only thinks he's Bernie Eccelstone"

JBLewis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts