Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you COMPETE in a Coefficient 2 or 3 ClubRally on July 4th weekend in east Tennessee based out of a small picturesque town as part of its July 4th Celebration?

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
July 4 Rally

Folks:

We are in the planning stages for a rally in July. The Mayor of the town out of which we are based has asked whether we would consider doing it on July 4th weekend. We are looking to see whether folks would be interested to make a decision to run it on that weekend, or later in the month. Please answer truthfully.

Thanks,

Wilson von Kessler
Chattanooga Region SCCA Rally Programs Co-chair

·
Registered
232 Posts
RE: July 4 Rally

Wilson,
Best wishes with your planned rally! I appreciate people who take the initiative like you are doing here. I would be interested in that rally but the July 4th weekend date would conflict with the Rallye Baie Des Chaleurs in Quebec. Some, actually a few, (probably 3 or 4 ) northeast SCCA cars competed in that event last year and all will likely enter it this year as well. I believe that you have competed in a Quebec rally before, so you know what I mean.

Moving your date a week or two then evokes the issue of consecutive rallies which can be difficult. So go for it on the 4th. The July 4th weekend would likely give the event maximum exposure in your area. Also, depending upon your schedule, that weekend can minimize time off work to attend rallies due to the holiday.

Steve McKelvie

·
Registered
111 Posts

I would love to go to a Club rally in east Tenn on the forth,next year.
I just a car and it's a mess.I'll need at least 9 months to get it straighten out.
Maybe I'll come down this year and work it if my schedule allows it.

Eric Adams
Cincy Region Rally Chairman;-)

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Steve:

I believe that you have competed in a
>Quebec rally before, so you know what I mean.

I got spoiled by being exposed to a region that does FIA timing, and because of Cherokee Trails is pretty professional about how they do rallies. However, my experience in Quebec was second to none. Completely professional, and a truly wonderful experience. I will be back to rally in your neck of the woods.

>Moving your date a week or two then evokes the issue of
>consecutive rallies which can be difficult. So go for it on
>the 4th. The July 4th weekend would likely give the event
>maximum exposure in your area. Also, depending upon your
>schedule, that weekend can minimize time off work to attend
>rallies due to the holiday.

That was my thought process as well. As a rallyist, I would appreciate the 3 day weekend, plus the atmosphere. That's why I posted, in order to see how folks feel. Based upon the response, I will try to make it happen.

Interestingly, the land that we will run on (hopefully) is owned by a paper company that has major holdings in your neck of the woods. Maybe it may open some opportunities for you all as well.

My vision (as well as a number of other people) is to have a viable series of races over the year in the Chattanooga area on the level of rally in Quebec.

Thanks for your positive response.

Regards,

Wilson

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

>I would love to go to a Club rally in east Tenn on the
>forth,next year.
>I just a car and it's a mess.I'll need at least 9 months to
>get it straighten out.
>Maybe I'll come down this year and work it if my schedule
>allows it.
>
>Eric Adams
>Cincy Region Rally Chairman;-)

Please come. Bring your friends. The Cumberland Plateau is truly beautiful and the small town experience would be a great way to enjoy the Fourth.

Wilson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts