Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember my post about ?getting the rally school?
I received a few private e-mail and one suggested to try make contact with a known rally driver and try to organize ?rally school?.
I contacted few and got respond from very well known European driver. He is a European Champion and participant of many WRC events. Currently took sabbatical for 2002 season. He agrees to come to Canada and majority portion of his fee donates to program for which our team is fundraising in this season.

I budgeted 3 (3 days) rally schools during the 2003 year (first in January) and fund some sponsors to cover airline ticket and accommodation. Also through my community evolvement I fund a camp in the heart of Canadian Rocky that could host the ?rally school? on low budget (with a very good cook and typical camp rooms). There are possibilities for participants to come with wife, girlfriend, kids e.t.c. There is a ski hill close by.
I wonder if there would be interest among rally community to be involved in such ?rally school?.
I must give the answer soon.

Please let me know or send e-mail to [email protected] if interested.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don?t have real clue how much such school cost. Looking at Tim?s or Florida School it cost about 4.000 USD for 4 days. My numbers come about $2.000 Canadian (about 1600 USD) for 3 days including (rally school + full accommodation). This does not include renting the rally car. I understand that number of spot could be limited to 12 people. I was thinking to bring more sponsors (to offset the cost). Now I just looking if there would be simple intrest. I kn ow that the driver is planning to enter next year few WRC event and he is looking to schedule his calendar.

Jerry

www.aafce.ca

AAFCE Rally Team

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think there is room in the US for such a school that
is high-end, taught by a european pro. To bring me and
my checkbook in and to drop that kind of change you wuld have
to demonstrate you had the facility, vehicles and program
to match the freight.

There are two types pf schools that I see typically.
One is drills based and the other is more about running
stages with drivers onboard as co-drivers. Which
direction are you leaning?

paul timmerman

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul,
I am sure that USA existing rally schools are capable to bring such drivers on their own. What I am looking for is simply to find out that there is intrest. I am not planning to set up pernament school. As a European I feel that something has to been done to popularize this sport better on this continent.Also I am not looking to make any personal profit from it. I like what direction (slowly) this sport is taking here.Having or making contact with "real" pro for sure is beneficial to all of us.It is important that some "pro" are seeing and respect what is happening at North American Rally arena.
In terms of car? He just simply requested any 4WD rally car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts