Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember my post about ?getting the rally school?
I received a few private e-mail and one suggested to try make contact with a known rally driver and try to organize ?rally school?.
I contacted few and got respond from very well known European driver. He is a European Champion and participant of many WRC events. Currently took sabbatical for 2002 season. He agrees to come to Canada and majority portion of his fee donates to program for which our team is fundraising in this season.

I budgeted 3 (3 days) rally schools during the 2003 year (first in January) and fund some sponsors to cover airline ticket and accommodation. Also through my community evolvement I fund a camp in the heart of Canadian Rocky that could host the ?rally school? on low budget (with a very good cook and typical camp rooms). There are possibilities for participants to come with wife, girlfriend, kids e.t.c. There is a ski hill close by.
I wonder if there would be interest among rally community to be involved in such ?rally school?.
I must give the answer soon.
Please let me know or send e-mail to [email protected] if interested.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Jerry,
Everybody's interested in a rally school the problem is who is willing to pay and show up!
The important issues are:

when
where
how much
and WHO is teaching
A world class driver does not always have good teaching skills

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who?
The team manager that I am in talks told me that there is an advanced negotiations with one of the USA factory team and at this point ask me not to reveal the name.

Money?

What about find more sponsors?

Who will show up?

So far I got 5 confirmation (from USA) people who are seriously interested

When?

one in winter, one in spring, one in autum

A world class driver does not always have good teaching skills

As far I know he ownes a rally school

Jerry

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to let you know today I cancelled the idea of bringing the very good driver to Canada. I received many-mails that rather let me think about the entire issues of popularizing Rally in North America and trying to be involved in. I think it is time to everybody to think and bring some interesting idea to Calgary in January 2003.

When I started learned about rallying on this forum I was very enthusiastic. 6 months later the situation is not the same. Definitively I learned tremendously from this discussion. All of this helped me to make decision and direction for the future of AAFCE Rally Team.
For now I am taking time off from this forum (including lurking). E-mail me privately if you need some information [email protected]

Yours in sport,

Jerry Maslanka

AAFCE Rally Team

1 - 5 of 5 Posts