Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I do what my ktm manual says, oil change, battery tender, oil in cylinder to coat, drain tank. I'd guess you'd want to cover under something that won't trap moisture.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to ride my ex-girlfriend's father's bike so i never needed to do the winterizing then i just bought cheap bikes at the beginning of the season and then sell it by the end of the season. Wish i could be on it all year but it gets a little chilly in New England.

thanks guys

·
Where's Stella?
46 Posts
Hey finnaly have a bike i'm keeping long term so just wondering what people do to winterize their bikes sadly for now it will be covered out doors.
HMM winterize. Ok my Method. Put bike in Neutral. Check the Oil, Make Sure I have Gas, Check the Chain, Srocket's and nuts. Make sure headlight and taillight and turn signals work. Put the key in the ignition, Turn it on get it warm put on my Gear and go out and ride!!!:D:p;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
After 40 years in New England, I do all of the above EXCEPT drain the tank. I fill the tank and add Sta-bil to the fuel, run it for about 5 minutes or so then park it. Back in the day of metal tanks we never drained them because of the fear of rust. Now I find if I drain the system, I get moisture in the carbs over the winter and have to clean them out before it will run right in the spring. Keeping it full of fuel helps keep it all protected. I squirt some Marvel Mystery Oil down the plug hole once a month as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts