Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isnt there a Maine Forest Winter rally? If so do you know when it is this year and where I can find more info on it? maineforestrally.com doesnt seem to mention it.

this year's MFR was my first rally event, and I had a great time and am anxious to get to attend another!

Thanks,

·
Registered
244 Posts
>Isnt there a Maine Forest Winter rally? If so do you know
>when it is this year and where I can find more info on it?
>maineforestrally.com doesnt seem to mention it.
>
>this year's MFR was my first rally event, and I had a great
>time and am anxious to get to attend another!
>
>Thanks,

The winter rally is scheduled for December 6th this year. Pray for lots of snow.

Seth S

·
Registered
244 Posts
>I'm praying that the Saabs will stay home for Maine winter!
>}>
>HAHAHAHA
well mine wont be ready in time, and the one we ran at maine summer may not be repaired in time. That leaves groo and fox, so we will see

Seth S

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just saw this on rally-l, can anyone confirm? Thanks --Harry

Subject: GREAT NORTH WOODS AND MAINE FOREST WINTER CANCELLED

> I just got word from Ted Goddard, organizer for both events, that
> because of a land sale, both events have been cancelled for this
> year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Georgian Trials is a GO this Saturday (October the 11th, more entries still very welcome) and Mountain Trials is on out west on the 18th but Charlevoix on the 20-26th is cancelled. Rough year for north american rallies or what?

Harry

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Oct 11th

Oct 11th is also the Perforce Software Rally Sprint hosted by Santa Maria Speedway in California. Not likely to be snowing, however!

For a winter rally out here, consider the Ramada Express International Rally (www.rallyusa.com). Could be blizzard, could be warm.... a great event.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
RE: Oct 11th

Treeline is also on for Sat 15 Nov. Come and drive the tightest, twistiest, hard packed dirt rally roads in Southern California! HQ is at the Holiday Inn, West Covina,(tel # 626 966 8311 and mention 3-Tre for the special rate), 20 miles east of Los Angeles. Nearest airport is Ontario. Leave your car out west ready for 3 days at Laughlin in Dec (free plug for the Ramada International Rally).

·
Registered
142 Posts
RallySprints

Diamondback RallySprints are in north Georgia on October 25. Two Coef. 1s. Also rally staff training sessions. See info at:
www.rivergate5speed.com
Sorry to hear your news Ted. I know you had worked your heart out on this project.
Bill

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't forget the tall pines (www.tallpinesrally.com) Stage notes, snow, ice gravel, who knows! Expect it to be even bigger and better than last year, so i've been told! Also, cheap entry (I think about $500 CDN!) Hope to see all you NEDiv guys there!

John Vanos

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
>...and White....:)

<snicker> Ttyeah, right....You actually going to get your butt out there and rally? ;-)

I, at least, got my butt & car down to the SOC03. Sorta. :-/

No excuses like "Oh, I had a baby", "Oh, my water pump broke", nor "Oh, I slammed the tar out of the body testing it on the back roads of NH" this time? I believe it when I see the MWR results. ;-)

I thought you drove a Subaru anyways... :p

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Oooh, cool. Trash talking in the Saab crowd. :p

Kent Gardam

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
This may be only partly on topic in this thread, but here is something that I have been pondering for a while.

With the cancellation of the Rallye Quebec, we now only have one true winter rally in Canada (Rallye Perce Neige in Maniwaki). We need another winter rally. We also need another event to fill out the championship calendar.

In the SCCA Pro Rally Championship, there is only one winter rally (Sno*Drift) and it may or may not be held in true winter conditions. The Pro series needs a true winter rally and looks like it now also needs another event to fill out the calendar.

So, why not have the Perce Neige and the Sno*Drift part of both championships? There would then be two winter events in both series and a great opportunity for teams from both countries to compete against each other.

I know that there are some vehicle eligibility rules (such as restrictor size) which are different, but they should not make much difference in a winter event (for example, Pat Richard won Rallye Quebec this year in a Group N car against the open class cars, including the two works Mitsubishis and Paul Choiniere in the Hyundai). Minor rules differences could easily be accommodated for these two events.

What do people think about this idea?

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sounds good to me. Perce Neige was always a favorite of mine. It would certainly open the eyes of many US competitors who think they've been to a winter rally. Of course, the fact that Maniwaki is a million miles from nowhere will cause the manufacturers to demur.

By the way, I always considered Tall Pines a winter rally, as I never ran it when it wasn't! Evil, evil roads, but a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts