Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the WWPR Schedule of events, and noticed that Club level Registration and Scruitineering is only 1 hour 30 minutes long:

[pre][font size=2]1600-1730 ClubRally Registration
Red Lion Hotel Olympia (scruitineering first)
ClubRally Scruitineering, Corvette and High Performance[/font][/pre]

While this is only my second race, I remember at OTPR the registration was like 1 to 6 oclock, and I'm wondering if this seems like an awfully tight schedule to anyone else? (especially considering how people transiting could be held up by incidents in transit to Olympia, WA)

Thanks!

·
Registered
901 Posts
It makes things rather tight and inconvenient for us on Friday; we've got to try to get out of Dodge (okay, Portland) and to Olympia before 4 on a Friday; ever tried to do that? It's hard. Traffic sucks.

And then we have to find scrutineering (the shop has good directions on their web page, at least they look good while reading it from Portland and never having been there before), get through that as quick as possible so we can go to the host hotel, send our co-drivers inside to stand in line while we go find parking (ITIS: a tsd term meaning if there is such, a good trap to use); all this needs to occur for all of the ClubRally teams. In an hour and a half.

Could be tight. Could be messy. Could get ugly...

So. Short and sweet answer: yes, it's tight, yes it's inconvenient, and no, I have no idea why John decided to do it this way. Call him and ask him, but don't come crying to me when he bites your head off! :)

KT
kd7yct

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't know this for sure and this is simply speculation, but I think that club folks can register anytime. The "club only" registration probably means that only club people can register then, not that club people can only register in that time frame.

Anyone from NWR want to clarify?

Mark Tabor
www.taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
967 Posts
>I don't know this for sure and this is simply speculation,
>but I think that club folks can register anytime. The "club
>only" registration probably means that only club people can
>register then, not that club people can only register in
>that time frame.
>
>Anyone from NWR want to clarify?

Yep, I know this for sure! ClubRally cars can register anytime, but it's ClubRally only for the late Friday registration. (Unless you've been granted a special [link:www.newadvent.org/cathen/05041a.htm|dispensation] from the big guy at [email protected]).

Jim Culp
Official Wild West Bit Pusher
(other duties as required)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've been slipping that one by for a week or two now... :)

Thanks! I hope to have my radio installed in the rally car prior to WW, but I need to convince C Hale to find a time to go with me to pick one out.

Jim Culp, can you maybe post somewhere on the website (maybe even in the schedule area) that ClubRally competitors can register and tech any time? Also, why the tight schedule on Friday? Especially since people not checking this forum don't know that CR competitors can reg anytime?

Thanks!

Kristen
kd7yct

·
Registered
967 Posts
>Jim Culp, can you maybe post somewhere on the website (maybe
>even in the schedule area) that ClubRally competitors can
>register and tech any time? Also, why the tight schedule on
>Friday? Especially since people not checking this forum
>don't know that CR competitors can reg anytime?

I will make that addition to the [link:wildwestrally.com/03schedule.html|web schedule] and post it on the [link:wildwestrally.com/03message.html|message board].

That tight schedule is determined by a space shortage; we couldn't keep the College open on Friday and the Corvette guys have this business they run during the day.

Any volunteers out there with a big garage in the greater Olympia area with parking for service vehicles and trailers? Donations of your space, time and even cash will be gladly accepted by the organizers.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.