Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
I've got a question about distances between the different places. Could you give us an approximate distance between

Race HQ hotel and Sat Parc Expose at Thurston ORV park?

Sat final Service and Parc Ferme at Mason County Fairgrounds?

Parc Ferme and the HQ hotel?

Parc Ferme and the Shelton Park Expose on Sunday?

Shelton to Little Creek Casino?

Race HQ to Shelton?

We're trying to decide whether to stay in Shelton or at the HQ hotel, so your info would be most helpful.

Thanks very much; look forward to seeing you soon.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
>I've got a question about distances between the different
>places. Could you give us an approximate distance between
>
>Race HQ hotel and Sat Parc Expose at Thurston ORV park?
-about 15 miles (no more than 20)

>Sat final Service and Parc Ferme at Mason County
>Fairgrounds?
-Zero, service and parc ferme are at the fairgrounds


>Parc Ferme and the HQ hotel?
-about 15

>Parc Ferme and the Shelton Park Expose on Sunday?
-4 to 5 miles

>Shelton to Little Creek Casino?
-about 8

>Race HQ to Shelton?
-about 15

>We're trying to decide whether to stay in Shelton or at the
>HQ hotel, so your info would be most helpful.
>
>Thanks very much; look forward to seeing you soon.
>
>John

Hope that helps,
Rick
 

·
I am not here anymore
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
RE: Wild West distances

It is a short distance as the crow flies, but it is a bit awkward to get to from Shelton. It is roughly 10-15 miles, depending on the route you take. The problem is that there is no westbound exit from Hwy 101 to Hwy 8, which the ORV park is on.

You either take Hwy 101 S and go past Hwy 8 and take the first exit after that and get back on the freeway in the other direction and take the Hwy 8 exit and take a left at the ORV park,

Or, you take Hwy 101 S and take Hwy 108 to McCleary and get on Hwy 8 East, then turn right into the ORV park.

I think these are both about the same distance from Shelton, but I have never measured it out.

There is another way. There is a small road that connects Hwy 101 S to Hwy 8 W near the junction of 101 and 8. I forget the name of the road (I know it by sight) and I am not sure if the residents want a bunch of rally cars on their road, but it is there and is much shorter than either of the two previously mentioned routes.

The Hwy 8/McCleary route is a nicer drive, but easier to get lost on. The Hwy 101/turnaround route is probably the fastest without upsetting the locals who are not rally fans.

alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
RE: Wild West distances

>
>There is another way. There is a small road that connects
>Hwy 101 S to Hwy 8 W near the junction of 101 and 8. I
>forget the name of the road (I know it by sight) and I am
>not sure if the residents want a bunch of rally cars on
>their road, but it is there and is much shorter than either
>of the two previously mentioned routes.
>
"Shaker Church RD" if memory serves me, just as the lanes reduce from 2 to 1, comes up quickly so slow down early and drive slowly on the little road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
RE: Wild West distances

Hey you guys are giving away all the good local secrets!
Next I suppose you'll solve the "Elson Mystery" (ss9&13) and tell everybody what those folks are growing in their greenhouses (which are bigger than their shacks). :eek: :p :+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
If you thought you'd get out of the woods before dark, better re-pack your lights.
Just added 10 more minutes for stages 4, 5, and 6. That means us back markers will be starting the final (long) stage only half hour before sunset if everything stays on time.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top