Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: new thread started.... that other one was too long.

Rally predictions.... does this belong on the fantasy forum instead? }>

Several people at LSPR said that the results of the Wild West inquiry has been decided but would be kept secret (for a while).

Here's my prediction of the outcome:

The time penalties will not be reinstated, but the fines will be increased. This offers two benefits to the SCCA. The results of Wild West aren't affected, and our bleak financial picture is marginally improved.

Since we haven't heard anything to the contrary, my speculations are as valid as the next fellow's. Somebody want to start a pool?
---------------------------------------
John Dillon
 

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Old SoPacS, not the new guys

Oops, I posted with my old SoPac Steward ID. (Old habits die hard.) Though I'm nominally that guy till the end of the year, Bill and Brad are handling those responsibilities now. The posting above was mine, not theirs.

John

P.S. Even as stewards we don't know the Wild West outcome so we are akin to our many club brethren in that regard.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
 

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
Joined
·
950 Posts
RE: Old SoPacS, not the new guys

Talked to George Plesek at the airport on Sunday and he stated that they were going to have at least one more meeting before a final decision and that the decision would be made public.

Now, my guess based on input from several at LSPR. Letters of censure to Mark Lovell, Steve Turvey, and Rhys Millen. The letters will put them on probation for next year. No monitary fines as the manufacturers have deep pockets. No change to the Wild West results. Just my $.03 inflation, you know.


David Weiman
[email protected]
 

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Yup

>Talked to George Plesek at the airport on Sunday and he
>stated that they were going to have at least one more
>meeting ....

I received a note from George today saying basically the same thing.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
>our bleak financial picture is marginally improved.

What do you mean "our bleak financial picture..." John? The NorthWest Rally budget isn't bleak, but Subaru can go ahead and make that check out to the "Wild West International Rally," thanks.

Jim Culp
[link:prorallypix.com|prorallypix.com]
 

·
400 flat to crest
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
>Note: new thread started.... that other one was too
>long.


No it wasn't! Obviously it was just right!!
>
>Rally predictions.... does this belong on the fantasy forum
>instead? }>
>
>Several people at LSPR said that the results of the Wild
>West inquiry has been decided but would be kept secret (for
>a while).
>
>Here's my prediction of the outcome:
>
>The time penalties will not be reinstated, but the
>fines will be increased. This offers two benefits to the
>SCCA. The results of Wild West aren't affected, and our
>bleak financial picture is marginally improved.
>
>Since we haven't heard anything to the contrary, my
>speculations are as valid as the next fellow's. Somebody
>want to start a pool?
>---------------------------------------
>John Dillon
Fellow John, I have heard now things in this proposed direction as well, but that is only half of the scandal.

The half unaddressed is the course of events in the lifting of the penalies, who did what, who signed whose name to what as alledged, who is swearing one thing here in print, and who is conspicuous in his absence in rebutting those allegations.

It has been suggested to me in an email from one of the people on the investigating committee that since there are thousands of people looking at SS on line daily from all around the world that the course of the inquiry, the details of testimony and the outcomes should not be blabbed about too much in public.

I suggest that since the SCCAs Rally Director has been implicated in serious naughtiness including unsafe driving that the truth about these things is the only way to begin to establish the first stone in the foundation of trust that administators must have if every decision they are connected with is not be be viewed with suspicion and contempt.

6 weeks and no word shows the degree of contempt that Spitzner holds the opinions of anybody who reads this forum.

I say to the investigatative commitee: publish conclusions, included details of who we can trust, including actions to be taken to those involved in the charade in the lifting of penalties, or resign.

Nothing personal, I have never met a one of you, but you have a responsibility to be straight to the membership, competitors and particpants, not to some imagined reputation of the SCCA.

Anybody want to bet there will be an absolute silence on this subject?





John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top