Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't seen the coverage yet, but my brother tells me that one of the commercials is a Nissan commercial. If you look closely at the lead two cars, they are the two Tabor Rally Team Nissans that went down to Palmdale in June to shoot that commercial (among others) for the Nissan "Shift" series of commercials. Other Nissans at that event were Dave Coleman's new SER, and Gabe Pari's SE that he most recently sent into the landscaping at Prescott. :)

Pretty cool!!! :)

KT

·
Registered
265 Posts
Commercials during Wild West on Speed

Though the program is "sponsored by" Subaru, Hyundai and Mitsubishi, there were also ads for Nissan (2), Honda, Lexus and Toyota.

Did those manufacturers (or their ad agencies) request to be on that program or did those ads just happen to show up there in the rotation?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'd like to get a copy if I could.

I have heard that my son and I are in the video. We were standing in front of David Higgins' car when they were doing the trans swap and I was told that we made the video.

TIA

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
>I'd like to get a copy if I could.
>
>I have heard that my son and I are in the video. We were
>standing in front of David Higgins' car when they were doing
>the trans swap and I was told that we made the video.
>
>TIA
>
>Matt Manspeaker

So Matt are you saying one's odds are better at getting into the coverage with out one's rally car? }>

Derek

·
Registered
590 Posts
Would have preferred to take the less expensive route of actually running in the event rather than rebuilding the engine that went kaplooey on the way back from tech, however......

If the cameras had been there 2 minutes before or after they were, they could have caught something not normally seen on TV.

Let's just call it 'defueling' ;)

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.