Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the SCCA website in the Fas Track section is my letter on the Wild West resolution. The letter contains some background information and a discussion of the process the PRB used in making its decision. Unfortunately due to a clerical error the one page Board of Inquiry Findings and Recommendations Report inadvertently did not get posted. Look for the information from the Board of Inquiry early next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Ralph Kosmides
Chairman
Performance Rally Board

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thank you for the information. I do have a question, (it is an honest one I am not trying to be a smarta$$) what is a "Finder of Fact"?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Ralph,

Thank you VERY much for coming onto SS and passing along this info. I have not kept up with the issue at; I am more impressed that you are taking the time and effort to communicate broadly; I appreciate that.

Regards,
Mark Bowers

PS: Now I will go read the info and see if I understand what happened!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm sure dealing with this sort of thing is not fun for PRB members. It appears to me their actions were appropriate given the unfortunate constraints, and I appreciate the letter of explanation.

I did not witness the incident so I was not involved in the inquiry, but I know of a good number of highly credible witnesses. From what I understand, the actions of the blue car were especially of concern. Where was that co-driver at the time anyway?

Fortunately my wife and children were not in the service area at that particular moment.
Dave Hintz

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mine were, and were almost hit!!!!!

I guess I'll have to enforce the no speeding in service next time.

It won't take 2+ months to do nothing, I can assure you of that.

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've heard from more than one licensed ProRally participant that Steve Turvey was attempting to check out of service on foot (without the car) at the time of the infraction. Turvey's action itself could be categorized as unsportsmanlike. It also explains why Lovell was in such a rush (any witness that claims there wasn't much to it is in the small minority). I think it would be nice for Prodrive to clean-up its act next year. Is "Prodrive's doormat" on the SCCA's resume?
Dave

·
Registered
272 Posts
>I've heard from more than one licensed ProRally participant
>that Steve Turvey was attempting to check out of service on
>foot (without the car) at the time of the infraction.

The first thing I saw was Steve Turvey jogging along to the ACT with his time card in his hand and no car in sight being chased by a shouting JB. It was actually pretty funny.

It was a minute or two later I heard Dave Clark shout and turned to see Lovell moving back into the "out" lane.

I don't know how fast he was going, it is incredibly difficult to guestimate speed, all I know is that the speed limit was 30KPH (19MPH) and he was going a lot faster than anyone else I saw that day, including Millen.

Thanks for the full explanation Ralph, I understand the BoI and PRB were in a difficult position.

Dave
www.davekean.com

·
Registered
253 Posts
>On the SCCA website in the Fas Track section is my letter on
>the Wild West resolution. The letter contains some
>background information and a discussion of the process the
>PRB used in making its decision. Unfortunately due to a
>clerical error the one page Board of Inquiry Findings and
>Recommendations Report inadvertently did not get posted.
>Look for the information from the Board of Inquiry early
>next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
>
>I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
>
>Ralph Kosmides
>Chairman
>Performance Rally Board

Is the "Board of Inquiry Findings and Recommendations Report" going to be posted on the SCCA web site, it's been 10 days?

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts