Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the results of these rallys but cannot find them are they posted anywhere? I looked at WSRC and the wildwest rally site?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What happened to Iorio at Defi? anyone know I looked at rallyscoring.com and it said sortie de route or something of that nature? I assume this means he went off?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Try www.flatovercrest.com They seem to have a pretty good article during and following the event.

And yes - off road about 6km from the end of the rally!

<edit> To stay on topic - I too am looking for results/stories from Wild West. Anyone?

- Shawn

http://www.rallysport.ca
Professional Race and Rally Equipment!

Rocky Mountain Rally
http://www.rockymountainrally.com
Calgary, Alberta
May 26-27, 2006

·
Registered
542 Posts
>I have been looking for the results of these rallys >>

The Brothers Hintz (Dave and Rick) dominated Wild West from start to finish. Coming off a disappointing ring/pinon gear failure at Ojibwe, the Dave Clark Motorsports prepared WRX simply flew, taking the first day by something like 3 minutes over Carey Wright in the Impreza USX with Jamie Thomas not far behind. Gary Cavett suffered a mechanical early on putting him minutes down and Paul Eklund tried to drive out the final 7 miles of the final days stage on a flat. He made it about 2 until the rubber came off and then about 2 more miles on the rim losing only about a minute in time, but the rim finally exploded leaving him to change the tire a couple miles from the finish and now 9 minutes down.

On day 2, Hintz took the first stage, but this time by only mere seconds, with Wright and Eklund tying for fastest time on stage 2, but only a second ahead of the Hintz's. Stage 3 was the 25.5 mile Nahwatzel stage and Hintz's lead at the halfway split, but snapped a half shaft and limped in 35 seconds behind Wright who won the stage 3 seconds ahead of Eklund, who had a spin and backed off the road losing time.

On the next stage, Hintz (with fresh axle)was fastest by 5 seconds over Wright who was one second ahead of Eklund, bring them within one second of Eklund, who was leading the day. The final stage was a repeat of the long Nahwatzel stage. Hintz's BLEW AWAY the field with a 26:20 with Wright carving a 26:58 and Eklund a 27:01 (on a broken lower control arm after going wide) So the day ended with Hintz's 7 seconds ahead of Wright who was 2 seconds ahead of Eklund.

Gary Cavett had a better day finishing just behind them and ahead of Jamie Thomas who ran a stellar event in a PGT car.

For the weekend, it was HINTZ, WRIGHT, THOMAS on the podium.

In other classes, Derek Bottles broke on day one (motor), Blakely (head gasket?) Yoon (high centered for a while)

No big crashes to report, fairly low attrition.

Roads were FAST and somewhat rocky (more than usual larger rock'o'dillos) We saw 101 mph on one long, cresty section.
Subaru banquet at Little Creek Casin was good.
Awards took too long...

·
Registered
542 Posts
RE: Wild west and other ts

Jamie Thomas "on helium" at the awards was fun...

Just ask Mustafa how he liked the Stroh and the the Bilsteins...

Oh, and ask Miller Duamaol or Jason G about the pink wig.

And a few moons were seen low in the forest...

Too late now, more story later.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just 101 Paul? The restrictors must be working at slowing you guys down in the straights!!
I have GOT to get the Volvo back together........
Sounds like many good times.

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>In other classes, Derek Bottles broke on day one (motor),
>Blakely (head gasket?) Yoon (high centered for a while)

Nat and I blew a head gasket (#9 white Mazda 323), Blakely found a stump on the last stage Saturday night and did some damage to the right front of his car.

We were having a great battle with Derek Bottles over the first three stages (tied, then two seconds apart on each of the next two). He waxed us on SS4, he broke on SS5, we broke on SS6.

> No big crashes to report, fairly low attrition.

We *almost* had a BIG one... It's not often on the Wild West stages that you can get away with leaving the road at 80 mph!

Ben

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: Defi

>What happened to Iorio at Defi? anyone know I looked at
>rallyscoring.com and it said sortie de route or something of
>that nature? I assume this means he went off?

Yes - upside down in the shrubbery.

Antoine had turbo problems while leading, so he let Matt run first on the road for the last stage. I assume Matt was pushing quite hard, because he had a good chance of winning if he put enough time on Antoine on the last stage.

Adrian

·
Registered
397 Posts
>We *almost* had a BIG one... It's not often on the Wild West
>stages that you can get away with leaving the road at 80 mph!
>
>Ben

I'm breathing a big sigh of relief for you guys..........

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
RE: Wild west and other ts

You are right Mom, I am still alive, inspite of all the drinking.:p

Cheers
M.Samli

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.