Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why arent the top three regularly announced on speed news sunday night? scca world challenge gets a mention every time. im not asking for video or even interviews. just a simple mention and a chart. just so we can get on the radar a little better. sometimes prorally gets mentioned. and while i am at it whay arent the prorally drivers getting a nomination in the quarterly voting for driver of the year?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if thats the case then something needs to be done about that. it shouldnt be a problem since nascar results dont roll in 'till at least 4 pm central time and that makes it the 6 central show. and most rallies are done saturday.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Driving home late last night, I heard the "news from Oregon Trail ProRally" on Speedfreaks radio show on 97.1 in Detroit. They told about Seamus' problems and Pat's win. Fair amount of time spent on the blurb. Said they got the info from Racer.com, a partner of the Speedfreaks radio program and, incidentally, publisher of SportsCar magazine.

http://www.speedfreaks.tv/

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Putting on my motorsport.com hat, one of the biggest complaints (and now longest running) about SCCA ProRally that I get from the editors at motorsport.com is how long it takes for SCCA to put out their press releases.

alan

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>OTPR results were posted provisional at precisely 1800 PDT
>on Sunday (8PM CDT).

There is a BIG difference between posting results and sending out press releases. If you even REMOTELY expect the media to go to yuor website and download the results - you are fooling yourself.
If you expect to get coverage, you need to have a release virtualy ready to go and as soon as the results are 'reasonable' you have to fly and get the results out.

As a side comment - 8pm central, 9pm eastern is simply too late to make the next day's newspapers - unless they really WANT the stoy to make it. (that's an entirely different issue)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts