Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $600 why isn't this rally worth a couple of more points? Seems like an easy thing to do, I just know I'm not bright enough to think this up. I know alot more people would be willing to shell out big bucks on a club rally if it was even close to worth it. Just looking to for some answers.
JD:-(

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>For $600 why isn't this rally worth a couple of more
>points? Seems like an easy thing to do, I just know I'm not
>bright enough to think this up. I know alot more people
>would be willing to shell out big bucks on a club rally if
>it was even close to worth it. Just looking to for some
>answers.
>JD:-(

Well, since they are being observed to become a ProRally, they are trying to make the experience as close as possible to one ;-).

Adrian

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every Pro rally I have been to has had 2 supporting club rallies, not one really expensive one. Once again, Pro Rally riding on the backs of the club guys. I like the trickle down theory, and it must have worked for Regan. Maybe they can start to be like a Pro event this year and run at least half of the stages this year. Stop screwing the club guy and make it worth it. I would like to hear some comments as to why it wouldn't be feasible to run it as 2 rallies other than perception. I'm sure the PRB would like to see a well run rally, good location, etc; not an over priced, undersubscribed club event. Rally New York was the worst run rally I attended last year, I guess to be "under consideration" for a pro event you have to be on your knees and willing to screw the competitor. What else in new.
JD Ackley
x(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Now JD, before you go off flaming the Rally New York organizers, consider that there might be a good reason for the layout of their event.

I don't know, maybe sanction and insurance costs are higher for 2 events than for one, hence your fees would go up.

Maybe they don't want people to pick and choose which event they run, thus affecting the financials of the event.

I'm sure there is real logic behind the event structure. Why not call Ivan and ask him?

I will say that I'm not thrilled about these 2 day club events cropping up in NeDiv. Seems that one coef 3 event means you have to take as much time off of work as you do for a Pro event. :-(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daphne,
I did not speak with him directly on this matter. On other matters that I have spoke with him on the phone he was short, in person he was down right rude. The other organizers have been nothing but polite at the event. I am just furious that an in division event is so overpriced- and in division points are so hard to come by as is. All for the benefit of looking like a pro at the expense of the club guys. What does it cost to sanction a co3 per car? You can add that to $600 and I would gladly pay it for the chance at 120 in division points. But for $600 for a rally that had to throw half of its stages last year for 60 points you can take a long walk off a short pier. And for it to count for in division points is almost unfair- pay up or get out? With so few point available it really has me mad. Is this the current trend of the SCCA, even at the club level now? :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
So have you asked Ivan? How about the NE div club steward?
is that still Healey? I can't IMAGINE him being rude if you
asked. You won't get answers out of the blue here. Lots of
unknowns about this whole "looked at for possible pro" thing.

> and in division points are so hard to come by as is

Irish Hills, Sawmill, Rapidan, Rally NY, BRS, Berlin NH, Maine Winter..

am I missing anything? Just seems like a late year season to me.
the most annoying of which is that, save for Maine, all these
events are closer to me than the events in Cendiv (my div.) (save
for Magnus Opus)

Add a couple out of division events like Magnus Opus or LSPR and
you can still make a HECK of a run at any class in NE div.
Even without an Evo ;) Or make the late, long haul to something
like Paris,Tx. double C3's. (but aren't we limited to like 4
out of div for scoring?)

Ed

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>Now JD, before you go off flaming the Rally New York
>organizers, consider that there might be a good reason for
>the layout of their event.
>
>I don't know, maybe sanction and insurance costs are higher
>for 2 events than for one, hence your fees would go up.

Two events, two sanction fees, two insurance fees.

Anybody familiar with the rulebook would understand that two Coefficient 3s would take twice as many road miles as one C3...the coefficients are not assigned arbitrarily...which would thus cause even higher road use fees.

Asking this sort of question here is always better than contacting the organizer directly. We don't want actual facts clouding the issue.

BW

·
Registered
408 Posts
FYI, Rally NY is advertised as 100 miles. I believe JD's point is that you could get a coeff-2 (40 miles) and a coeff-3 (60 miles) out of it. And yes, 100 miles is certainly on the high end of a straight coeff-3.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Or make the late, long haul to
>something
>like Paris,Tx. double C3's. (but aren't we limited to like
>4
>out of div for scoring?)
>
>Ed
Paris is being planned as two 2's at this time.
Richard
PS: It does appear to be a ways from Columbus to Paris. But it is under 1000 miles. Just not by much.

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
I have heard that "since Ted Goddard is running it, it WILL happen."

I do know that they have already received approval from the town boards and road use permissions...

I've observed several of Ted's events (particularly Covered Bridge), and all have been secretive up to the last (not on purpose, he's just not very cyber-saavy.) Have faith!

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.