Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reviewing the Seed and Speed Factor information on the Rally America website and I saw that Jim Kloosterman, Car #500 is a Seed 0, but he does not have a Speed Factor. Can anyone explain this?

Doug Woods

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
I don't have the exact answer - but it is just a mistake. I gave Jim a little ribbing at CFR about it. Guess it's no big surprise it hasn't been corrected yet. I've seen snails move faster than things get done at SCCA. Realistically, I think he is about seed 3 (maybe 2 if he gets in a really good run or two).

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>I don't have the exact answer - but it is just a mistake. I
>gave Jim a little ribbing at CFR about it. Guess it's no
>big surprise it hasn't been corrected yet. I've seen snails
>move faster than things get done at SCCA.

I suspect nobody has brought it to the attention of anybody responsible for fixing it. It was probably a blank cell in an Excel spreadsheet that came out as zero.

Bruce

·
Registered
130 Posts
In the previous seeding list Jim has a seed cause I fixed it last time.
Must have been a blank cell in the excel spreadsheet that caused him
to get a zero again. It's fixed now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
...just an error? Well, that's no fun. I think Jim knows the secret handshake.

Here's another "Quote for the Day".
Paraphrasing a famous quote: "A hundred Ferrari's do not make a Pinto, nor a hundred suspicions, fact."

GBtheGG

·
Registered
265 Posts
RE: Why was Tim Winker a Seed 3?

Once upon a time, when dinosaurs still roamed the Yoo-Pee, I was a Seed 3 driver. How could this happen to a guy with a rather stock propelled Datsun 510?

In those days you were seeded based on finishing positions. In my first rally, the Lac Vieux Desert Divisional of 1979, I finished 5th ... out of 5 finishers. Anyone who finished in the Top 5 on a Divisional was placed in Seed 3.

It came back to haunt me later that year when I was seeded ahead of several much faster cars ... and faster drivers ... at the Press On Regardless. I hit a small tree on the first stage when I moved over to let the rapid Dodge Colt behind me get past.

Ask Bruce Weinman about how the damaged light bar was repaired.

- TW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.