Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
Which Championship

Are you asking about Group N or Open, two different Championships. Patrick may win Group N but, someone else will probably win Open (Leon or Shamous). There is no overall Champion, only Champion by Class and a 2-Wheel Drive Champion.

David Weiman
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
RE: Championship

Bummer that I can't put my vote in for Leon Styles. If Pat's earlier statement that he'll be skipping a few events holds true, I think Leon has a legitimate shot at this point. After all, he has scored well at two of the three events and has had a rapidly growing career in the US since 2000. Both are amazing drivers and I wish them the best. Also remember, we're only 1/3rd of the way though the championship and alot could happen with guys like Thomas Lawless, Ramana Lagemann, Mark Utecht, Doug Havir and even Travis Pastrana. Also, ****what if**** a hotshoe from the UK or Jamaica or elsewhere decides to return? Jonny Milner had a great start here in the US last year and in 1998 David Summerbell seemed to come from nowhere to win the championship.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
RE: Championship

If I was Pat, after winning 3 events outright, I might reconsider my decision as to which events to attend. The potential value from possibly winning the overall driver's championship might be worth the investment (+/- finding a major team sponsor).

He has quite a points lead.

My argument is that with so many good drivers out there (Leon, Seamus, Ramana, Pastrama, etc.) that the rest of the seasons points could easily get divided up between them (rather than being dominated by anyone), and it will be hard for someone else to gather enough outright wins (and points) to knock Pat out of 1st place in the standings.

You'd also need to do the math of which of the competing drivers are going to which events.

Glenn

·
The Scorpion King
679 Posts
RE: Which Championship

There is no
>overall Champion, only Champion by Class and a 2-Wheel Drive
>Champion.

Dave,

You might want to review the definition of the Wolfe and Whitaker Cups.:)

--
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts