Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
RE: Cog winner

Shepherd or styles. Shepherd has a better chance without that restrictor, but who knows.

Best of luck to the Colo boys though, time to represent!

Edit to add:

The winner might just be the one with the money to bring snow tires }>

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Good luck to everyone who has entered in whatever class/division! See ya there!

Denise McMahon
Team Manager
Widget Rally Team - Styles/Dillon #374

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts

I'm going for Moberly too. 2nd overall last year. Swept the last two hill climbs in Colorado. Todd has commitment, a solid car that he can drive like a maniac, and experience with the event. Talent galore.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts

>I'm going for Moberly too. 2nd overall last year. Swept
>the last two hill climbs in Colorado.
Funny, I seem to remember Richard doing reasonably well at Pikes Peak ... with a 32mm restrictor ...

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Tanner Foust

Does anyone know if the car Tanner Foust is driving is in Open, Group N or PGT class?

Doug Woods

·
Registered
309 Posts
RE: Tanner Foust

Thanks to all my Colorado buddies for the vote of confidence, we are going for a podium and will be running 100%. It will be very difficult with that tinny restrictor and no engine management however. At the last 2 hill climbs we had the car set to open standards for testing purposes, so it was a bit faster than it will be now that we had to put it back to PGT trim, but we will go max speed shooting for a top 3, I don't think a PGT car has done that in recent history

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts

>>I'm going for Moberly too. 2nd overall last year. Swept
>>the last two hill climbs in Colorado.
>Funny, I seem to remember Richard doing reasonably well at
>Pikes Peak ... with a 32mm restrictor ...

Luckily here in Colorado we have a 4-6 event hill climb series (not including Pike's Peak) and that was what I was referring too. They have a payout for each event too. We are extremely lucky. Todd drove his car to the limit at the last two in our series. Also can't count out Ron Nelson. He was running 4th overall last year in his spare car, a FWD G5 Talon, using only the tulips. He'll be in the GN Evo this year. Expect to see him near the top too.

·
Registered
479 Posts

That's the spirit Todd! My goal is to drive like a grandma, finish, earn a club license and then have fun spectating on Sunday. I think I'm looking forward to spectating more than driving. See you Friday.

Aaron McConnell

·
Registered
276 Posts

Todd I think you have real good chance to do a poduim or even win, especially if it snow. Pat behind canadian know how to drive on snow, so I'll put him in 1st.
Like I said, if it snow a PGT can win. I finished 2nd overall at the Ramada Express last year, thanks to the snow.
Todd , i don't understand why you put the car back in PGT trim. You're not going for a championship. Take that restrictor off and have a blast.
If it doesn't snow, I don't think you can beat the Open class at that altitude with a PGT. Cog is a fast rally, where you need a lot of HP. But I could be wrong, you are a fast driver, anything can happen.
Good luck to you and Tanner. have fun and kick ass. The pride of PGT is in your hands.

Stephan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts