1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>The Bowers/Bowers Starion -AND- the Production Class winner
>>on the MFR telecast ...

>Yes but, Jeff was second overall 2 wheel drive and just a
>few seconds behind Lurch.

Third, wasn't it? But yes, Production cars obviously aren't 2WD ;-).

BTW, at the end of friday, 2WD was Doug(G5), Lurch(G2), Jeff(P), Scott(P)...

Adrian

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, we finally got a second or two at the very end, and I was amazed. While a Production win at a Pro event doesn't merit a trophy anymore (I was the only class winner at Maine that didn't get one, though there were about 10 extras on the table after the ceremony), and we are obviously not even considered a 2WD car anymore (one wheel drive??), at least I got a mention. This is the first event I've watched this year, but if I had to guess I would say Mopar is footing most the bill for the informercials this year.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
> (I was the only class winner at Maine
>that didn't get one, though there were about 10 extras on
>the table after the ceremony)

I heard about this Jeff. Is this due to some awards limits for classes that do not meet a minimum entry level? Or ???

Very strange,
Mark B.

·
Registered
239 Posts
>Yes, we finally got a second or two at the very end, and I
>was amazed. While a Production win at a Pro event doesn't
>merit a trophy anymore (I was the only class winner at Maine
>that didn't get one, though there were about 10 extras on
>the table after the ceremony), and we are obviously not even
>considered a 2WD car anymore (one wheel drive??), at least I
>got a mention. This is the first event I've watched this
>year, but if I had to guess I would say Mopar is footing
>most the bill for the informercials this year.

It's quite clear who is paying for the show, as it's mentioned a few times in the show. Mopar, Subaru and Hot Wheels.

Russ

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
This was the first program I caught for this season. Mopar and Subaru paid for the program...thank you.

Jeff Field, while he can't control the number of other participants who enter a race, drove an excellent rally and beat me on Saturday. A drive worthy of his deserved first place trophy, whether anyone else showed up or not.

Thanks for the mentions. And for including Cindy's name.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Heck froze over and the sun stood still in the sky... the impossible became possible, the fantasy became reality!

So, Jeff, who DID you pay off to get mentioned? And how much was it? We want to make sure we get our cash in to whoever that was before Ojibwe! :)

I'm kidding. I know that Jeff drove a good rally, and I was angry on his behalf for the treatment the organizers gave him at the awards banquet. Guess they figured Production wasn't a viable Pro class, so why bother ordering trophies for it? After all, this broadcast is the first place you'll find Production in the media without any prompting and prodding and poking and reminders to Curtis and Garrett... :)

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Jeff Field, while he can't control the number of other
>participants who enter a race, drove an excellent rally and
>beat me on Saturday. A drive worthy of his deserved first
>place trophy, whether anyone else showed up or not.

Hey! We showed up, only a rock that had other ideas. Jeff drove a great rally - we weren't going to beat him on stage times. Not giving him a first place trophy really annoyed me.

Adrian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.