Banned
2,738 Posts
My money's on Brian Scott from Az.

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
Rob and I hope to be the first finishing stage rally car! I think everyone should want the same thing!

Anyway, my money is on Kendall/Friberg. If they got the parts they were expecting, their car will be much improved. My opinion is their car has been holding them back.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Sorry, man. I gotta take Pritchard over m'boys Dave and Jakey. I think he's been mail ordering pasties...the rally driver's steroids (but legal).

If I recall correctly, this rally has some monstrous straights where AYSCH PEE will definitely be a factor, though...maybe not so good for those F'ers running at 1 atmosphere of air pressure.

Side note...my local pasty shop in Dearborn closed up. Jake, I need a fix. Got a good mail order bakery I can deal with up there?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think it'd be good to see Kendall/Friedburg do it. They have been very supportive of me starting out and are great guys (along with everybody else).

What parts were they getting Mark? I'm so glad I don't have to deal with a restrictor.

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Kendall/Friberg were FLYING at S*D...passed Justin and me like we were standing still. Come to thnk of it....I think we WERE standing still!

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can also be referred to as Pondboy, JC junior, Chango, or straight pimpin' balla.

My vote is for himes just because i recently took a 92 ser out for a spin...talk about fun to drive

G

·
I'm going to have to vote against Josh, mostly because I just ebayed his Pirellis that were in my kitchen.

:+

I'm expecting to finish somewhere near last. We're the least experienced G2 team out there, had a rough SnoDrift, and to top it off, I had a nightmare last night I wadded up my car to the point the doors barely opened.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I dreamt yesterday that I took on about 40 ninjas and won. Decipher that.

I hope my car doesn't break, but I'm running out of stuff to check and double-check. I'm hoping to keep it under control and give the G5 guys a run for their money.

·
Registered
472 Posts
my vote is vote is for jake and silas because i have confidence in them that they can bring that group f title home and they will win the second day

·
Registered
112 Posts
Put your lights on!!

While I've got no idea who will win, I've only got a chance if it's snowing!

BUT, all you guys up front, REMEMBER TO PUT ON YOUR LIGHTS AT THE START OF T.W. so we can run all the stages this year!!!! It gets dark quick in them Missoura woods.......

Justin Pritchard

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
RE: Put your lights on!!

>While I've got no idea who will win, I've only got a chance
>if it's snowing!
>
>BUT, all you guys up front, REMEMBER TO PUT ON YOUR LIGHTS AT
>THE START OF T.W. so we can run all the stages this year!!!!
>It gets dark quick in them Missoura woods.......
>
>Justin Pritchard

Justin is referring to a stage that was cancelled last year when things ran late - reportedly because it was dark and most teams' rally lamps were still in their service rigs. It was a phenomenal piece of road they missed running. I ran precheck last year and knew that stage would be one of the favorites of the whole event.

However, since I was Crew Chief for the Tabor/Poirier/StudBug team who was sent out on that leg of the rally with the full set of KC HiLiTES HID Racing Lamps mounted I was pretty livid when word filtered down that the stage was cancelled just to protect drivers from themselves! While it turned out that road use permits restricted the amount of time the road would be available I didn't hear about that until long after I'd lost my temper and spouted off. Ask Dennis if I earned my nickname that night! ;-)

Anyway, play it just a little conservative and bolt your lights on the car one service earlier than you think is necessary. If you're not tied with your closest competition those few extra pounds aren't going to make a bit of difference in your finishing position - unless it gets dark early!

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts

We were one of the teams that chose to not put our lights on last year. Personally with the amount of trees lining the road and the expense of lights we chose to not just in case. We did find a tree on SS2 and thankfully did not have our lights on. Levi Woods ran all of 100AW on Saturday with headlights only, no rally lights with no problems (other than having to drive somewhat conservative). We were last car on the road. Levi was a car ahead of us. We went through the last MTC about 10:30 or 11:00 pm. I think the cancellation had more to do with road permits than headlights. They are not a required item last time I checked thus it would be improper to cancel a stage because of driver's lack of them. Though I guess if someone complained enough...

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts

>Levi Woods ran all of 100AW on Saturday with headlights only, no rally lights with no problems (other than having to drive somewhat conservative).

Hallelujah! ;-)

>I think the cancellation had more to do with road permits than headlights.

Exactly - but that wasn't the fist info that made its way back to the service area.

>They are not a required item last time I checked thus it would be
>improper to cancel a stage because of driver's lack of them.

Exactly why I was pissed - for a while.

>Though I guess if someone complained enough...

I guess some find competitve advantage where they can ...

I'm glad there were folks who played it a bit conservative.

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts

>>
>>BUT, all you guys up front, REMEMBER TO PUT ON YOUR LIGHTS
>AT
>>THE START OF T.W. so we can run all the stages this year!!!!
>>It gets dark quick in them Missoura woods.......

With all due respect Justin, lights were just a small part of it. As first car on the road, I was not excited about launching down a rocket fast stage, at night, without lights, shortly after 0 car chased off some civilian traffic that had wandered onto the stage. Where had they come from? Why weren't they stopped? What if someone else tries again in the same place? Word I got was that a car blew past a marshall and a law enforcement officer.

While it turned out that
>road use permits restricted the amount of time the road would
>be available I didn't hear about that until long after I'd
>lost my temper and spouted off. Ask Dennis if I earned my
>nickname that night! ;-)

Yup, Mike was a little "upset", but he had some valid points considering the info he had. Mike, I said some dumb stuff that night that I don't think I ever apologized for. So, I'm sorry. Better late than never. :)

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

My vote is for JC because:

1. Nice paint on car

2. Organized Rally TV

3. Has photo of hot chick wearing Rally TV gear

4. Also he is going to get used to his car and go fast

5. Cizmas, Pritchard, Himes will all be fighting for the same pasty. Too much distraction

6. Jenkins will finish 2nd in G5 behind Duke/Duke (car #01) in the Charger because it's bored 30 over, HOLy Whaaaaaaa that thing hauls WaaaaWaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaa

7. Ottey, Kendal will drive fast.

8. Biewald/Weidman need to use notes and will drive much faster and compete for Group F pasty.

9. JC looks good on camera

10. <lay down the funky drummer> JC, the verbal troubadour is so well spoken, like my man Cossel his speech ain't broken, honeys flock to the sube and the 4 wheels smokin', keeps his eye on the pasty cause he knows I'm not jokin', get down with the Finn sound when I keep Tone-Locin', Pasty funky cold medina keeps the throttle open

11. Out

11. Pasty for all who nut up.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:7

and I've already dented & scratched the car, so I wont be all pansy-like.

Prepare to nut up, boys.

J "super Fly" C - Finn bro in training
www.gnimotorsports.com

hehehe...

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Malsom/Malsom will surprise some people, won't win without some luck but they will surprise some people.

Keeney/Moody will surprise some as well. Jimmy is finally starting to come to terms with the lower HP of the rally car versus the open wheeler and Brian while not a real experienced co-driver has enough driving experience to help Jimmy push when he needs to and tone it down when he doesn't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts