Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your team left the Rocky Service park without a hydraulic jack on Saturday, email me with a description and maybe I can get it to you, PFR or earlier.

Great roads, we had a blast and are thrilled we finished!

-Eric
(the 1981 VW that was on 3 cylinders, stuck in third gear, on the third last stage of our third rally)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Status update:

**4** cylinders, 2 wheel drive, 3rd gear only
(was a fairly minor fix after all)

Still have a big hydraulic jack that might soon belong to me.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
On the jack - I have no idea what made it into our truck, but if it's yellow-orange and says "Pollard" on it, or if it's an aluminum 6-pump in off-red, it's ours. I do htink we have both of them though...

Best, ACP.

Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andrew - I think you should double check your truck, since I probably have your jack. It was from roughly the same area where your team setup service, the description matches, just it doesn't say Pollard?

Chad - Our entry was mailed last Wednesday I believe :) Slight chance we might withdraw ($$$), but I'm hoping to have the tranny resolved by tuesday so we should otherwise be good to go.
Look forward to seeing you there, hope your car is going to be ready. I'm definitely itching for more :)

-Eric

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you're coming to PFR can you just bring it? Truck is in Vancouver and I'm on the east coast at the moment so checking is not that easy...!

Best, Andrew

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Status update #2:

4 cylinders, 2wd, ** 5spd transmission ** :)
(also a new clutch and repacked cvjoints)

Looks like we're in good shape for PFR.

P.S. No Problem ACP, I'll bring the jack with us.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hmmm. We had three jacks - one racing aluminum, one large orange-yellow high-capacity, and one smaller red Canadian-tire dealie. You see all three?

ACP

PS what are you doing rooting around in our truck Paul! Shame on you!

·
Registered
409 Posts
>PS what are you doing rooting around in our truck Paul!
>Shame on you!

...scrounging parts for his Isuzu Impulse Turbo. Everything he needs is either obsolete or unobtainium, so why not raid an EVO parts cache! :+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts