Special Stage Forums banner

Who is going to win the first event that RA is going to put on :Sno-Drift

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think its going to be a closeone at Sno-Drift ill be putting pre-polls before all major events this season so check before a week before all major events
i wanna know who you people think is going to win the event

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I voted for ACP, but the real winners are all the competitors, organizers, and workers who still have a place to play. P.S. I didn't vote for Doug because the Eclipse is not ready, so he'll be driving the SRT4.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>P.S. I didn't vote for Doug because the Eclipse is not
>ready, so he'll be driving the SRT4.

Joe:

In Group 5?

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>>P.S. I didn't vote for Doug because the Eclipse is not
>>ready, so he'll be driving the SRT4.
>
>Joe:
>
>In Group 5?
>
>Doug Woods
>

Yup.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What's the story on Eric Burmeister? Running second in this poll in a Group 5 car suggests superhuman skill because it's hard to imagine any Group 5 car beating AWD on ice and snow. Doug Sheppard, a proven star on snow isn't in your poll because he'll drive the SRT-4 in Group 5. Can someone give me the Burmeister bio highlights that cause you to rate him so highly. I'm not trying to be sarcastic; just doing journalistic homework prior to my first US event. If he's a serious threat to win we must plan TV coverage accordingly.

William Bacon will be someone to watch in a Group N Subaru, based on his performances for Suzuki in Canada last season.

Barring late surprise entries from Choiniere, Burke, Erickson, Sprongl, McGeer or L'Estage, it looks like the story will be "ACP vs Pat Richard" to me. I look forward to being proven wrong.

How about some handicapping in the classes? What should be the best fights?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
No story to tell, Lawrence. In fact, I'll be in a Group2 car...running in the Group5 class...for reasons that shall become apparent with a press release in the VERY near future.

Apparently Rallyracer21 is a fan. I like fans. Thanks for putting me in the poll, dude. As for the 4 goofs who thought it would be funny to vote for me, I'm not sure if I'm honored or embarrased, but I can tell you that, barring unforseen circumstances of the X-files type, my 2wd car and I will NOT be winning overall at SnoDrift.

Thanks guys. I think. :)

Eric "Lurch" Burmeister

ps. Chris, you're an ass. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Not to ignore Lurch's analysis of his own effort, but at an event like Sno*Drift, experience with the conditions and a VERY controlled driving style help a LOT. An underpowered car is not necessarily a disadvantage...speed and straight-line grip put you further into the snowbank. Remember - the course layout vehicle is a Zamboni.

Don't count anybody out...

Bruce

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
RE: Lurch

How about if we forget the rally and just take the points as they stand above. Pat first, Dave and I second, and ACP in third.

Works for me.

(Ducking...expecting a lot of snowballs to be thrown this way.)
:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
>No story to tell, Lawrence....
>
>Thanks guys. I think. :)
>
>Eric "Lurch" Burmeister
>
>ps. Chris, you're an ass. :)

I'm just trying to be supportive..

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Lurch !?

So, you want/need the Burma Shave signs to come back out?

press on,

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
National Class/Overall battles IMO

>How about some handicapping in the classes? What should be
>the best fights?

Lawrence needs some info as to who are the players and who the cameras should be on, so here goes. Not picking order, just who will be in the class battles.

GpN:

Bacon-Dimiters-Bottoms-Utecht-Richard should be a great battle, with Krolikowski as an outside chance.

Open: (assuming Doug in Gp5)

ACP-Iorio with Gilligan and Ottey as (way) outside chances.

Gp5:

Doug, with a good battle for 2nd between Burmeister-Whiteman. I'm thinking Bruce will be conservative and Mad Mike will still be figuring out the super-Bug on ice.

PGT:

Moro-Olson-Foust-Langbein, probably.

Gp2/Prod:

Not enough cars to matter, unfortunately.

Overall:

The GpN battle plus the Open battle. Doug as an outside chance. If Pat falters we get a first-time winner (unless its Doug).

All IMO, of course. Should be interesting.

Adrian

·
Registered
309 Posts
RE: National Class/Overall battles IMO

>Watch out for Tanner, on snow and ice I expect him to surpise
>people in a good way.....

Are you talking about the same Tanner Foust that is an Ice Driving instructor and beat Olson by 10 minutes at Cog? He will win, it just wont be a surprise to people who follow Rally closely.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts