Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering who is going to play in the snow since the website does not have an entry list up yet??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, there will be a bunch of Impreza wagon for sure!!

Just in time rally team will be there with the 2 cars. Unfortunately, I won't be the co-driver in "the Clone"!

So an Open class wagon and a P3 wagon will be there!!

Pou
http://www.just-in-time.ca

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Pou !!! first off...where is the new video from 03 ?? I hear its finished... when is it going to be released to your public??:p and secondly may I complement you on a FINE choice of race vehicles your team has very good taste!!!!

Steve Q

wagon count has risen to 3
P3
P4
Open
we can start a trend... race and have groceries for the crew when we get back to service }>

·
Registered
510 Posts
To all potential and possible competitors of the Perce-Neige: If you are kinda sorta thinking about competing in the Perce-Neige, if you can swing it at all, PLEASE support the Perce-Neige rally. They (and the Bighorn Rally, too) REALLY need your help this year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We should be there.

If any team members coming from far West...or far east....or far south..... need a place to stay in the week before the rally weekend...your welcome to my house...

Im in Aylmer (PQ) 5 minute from Ottawa and 2 hours from Maniwaki.

We will be leaving to maniwaki on friday.

Cheers!

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey... no worries here ... I was referring to the fact that they are driving station wagons as am I...At any rate I hope you will be playing in the snow with us as well ...if you see a red & white impreza station wagon sticking out of a snow bank be sure to pull us out :+ As I will be stopping for as many as I can 'cause I'm sure I will be needing lots of tows

Steve Q
edit for proper grammer

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Steve:

I will be going to Perce-Neige to spectate.

Please make sure you introduce yourself to me.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for sure Doug !! it will be my pleasure... if you are around service look for the Valley tire cube truck with a Michelin tent and our impreza wagon (we will be the guys trying to duct tape the front & rear of the car back together from snowbank impacts :+ :+ )

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a blast running Perce Neige last year but due mostly to no train announcement we have not been able to seriously plan on being there. The costs involved to fly/ship our team there and back are too great.

:(

Hopefully I'll be there next year!!!

Good luck to everyone competing this year... don't let the loop take you!

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
I had given some thought to PN ... but, as with Andrew, no train announcement has prety much eliminated PN from the events I can realistically look at.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>No Ontario teams:-(

Shouldn't be a big surprise ... last year Ontario only had 28% of license holders, down from over 50% at one time. The number of events happening in Ontario also seems to be down.
Hopefully this decline in interest and activity is a temporary slump. I know that the level of activity in the west is growing like mad. I can think of at least a half dozen or more newly built or bought cars between RallyWest and BC.

As for the entry list being thin ... it seems to be a tradition for teams to enter Canadian Events at the last minute - which is really unfair to the organisers - but something they tend to deal with. Only 8 cars entered in the National portion ... Let's hope that we get a bit more support for the event!!!

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>No Ontario teams:-(
>
>As for the entry list being thin ... it seems to be a
>tradition for teams to enter Canadian Events at the last
>minute - which is really unfair to the organisers - but
>something they tend to deal with. Only 8 cars entered in the
>National portion ... Let's hope that we get a bit more
>support for the event!!!

Well, since the rules/supps don't have any incentive for teams to enter much before the seeded draw on Feb 2, I wouldn't expect to see a definitive entry list until after that date. I do know of one Ontario team entering the event, and I'm sure there will be others.

The interest in Ontario seems to be in winter TSD at the moment, at least based on the Snowy Safari entry list.

Adrian

·
Registered
50 Posts
TSD in general is up in Ontario this year. 14 events! 4 winter events, two night and two day evemts and a couple of fall events that can be wintery on the road though not with forgiving winter ditches (President's Prize in late November and Frostbite in December). It was 10 degrees or so for January Jaunt though.

Harry

·
Registered
665 Posts
>I had a blast running Perce Neige last year but due mostly
>to no train announcement

Not to derail the thread, and yes, I did search - but what train announcement are you referring to? Or do you mean there's been no announcement yet? (I hope there'll be a Rocky train??) Anyone?

Thanks,

Robin

1 - 20 of 50 Posts