Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i write this my car is being caged. it is a 96 impreza L, 2.2 awd. i am hoping to run pgt.

since these new rule changes, or some version of them, seem to be a sure thing, who do i contact to present my case to allow me to run my car in that class.

thank you

·
Registered
689 Posts
What part of the country are you in??? I would contact the exsisting club rally stewart as they will likely be your RA stewart. Or contact Rally America.

Tom Grossmann

PS if you are in the So Pac area the contact will be Pat McMahon

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Mark Clam down. Worse case scenario is that if Tom stays on he makes you run a year of HCs before exempting you.

Nothing is even completely set yet.

Christ you guys are freaking out hard already.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>Mark Clam down. Worse case scenario is that if Tom stays on
>he makes you run a year of HCs before exempting you.

i am calm.

worst case scenario is that i have to rent/borrow a car to race.

i have not heard anything about whether or not tom will be staying on and if so, in what function.

i have also not heard that the hill climbs will count, though i would hope that they would.

i was also hoping to race cog next year (i was hoping for this year, but the car wasn't done/didn't have the money) and would be greatly disappointed if i couldn't. my goal for cog was to be a seed 7, not a seed 8 or something else.

the hill climbs aren't till may or maybe april while my car will probably be class legal by the end of the year.

>Christ you guys are freaking out hard already.

i am not freaking out. i am asking a reasonable question to a reasonable concern. and i am asking for information so that i can be ahead of the curve instead of behind it like i am now, wondering if/when/how i will or will not be able to race. i am looking to be as prepared as i can be to make this as smooth and painless as possible.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Tom probably doesn't even know if he will be around.

If you are really worried get it done and down to TX for Thanksgiving.

Having completed a rally successfully and incident free would help in asking for an exemption.

Being a seed 7 at cog would have necessitated 2 completed rallies before hand. Aaron couldn't get 7 status and he did run in the HCs.

Quite honestly I do not see anyone with a car built in 2004 being turned away next year, or maybe even cars built in 2005.

I understand trying to be ahead of the curve but at this point there isn't a curve. That is my point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts