Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked http://www.scca.org/news/tech/prorally/index.html and still haven't seen any news about the resumption of ClubRally.

As far as I can tell, there is no ClubRally program in the U.S.

I'd heard unofficially that ClubRally was going to resume in mid-July, but that was before the Lovell/Freeman loss. I'd also overheard we'd be getting a series sponsor in June, but that was probably before Sawmill. Right now we're not hearing anything at all.

What's up, besides all our ears in eager anticipation?

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
RE: Black River

I received the card for Cherokee Trails and saw that the sentance about ClubRally had been crossed out. It looks like the feeder system won't be feeding anymore unless the Clubbies can afford the same ProRally series tows (on the assumption that there will still be ClubRallies in support of ProRallies).

This has been a very challenging year for the sport of Performance Rally. I hope it doesn't discourage more competitors...

:(

George Thompson

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts

>I received the card for Cherokee Trails and saw that the
>sentance about ClubRally had been crossed out.

George:

All competitors are welcome to run Cherokee Trails, regardless of seed or series. And the price is extremely reasonable.

Wilson

·
Banned
2,738 Posts

Hang in there all you Club guys. There are many Organizers out there, me included, doing what we can to make sure you have rallies to go to, without SCCA's involvement. Bear with us and support the ones that already have the go-ahead. There will be many more to come.

·
Registered
901 Posts
RE: ClubRally and SCCA communication

So the next question is: how come no performance rally meeting notes in the September FasTrack? The meeting notes stop abruptly after Road Rally, and then it jumps into the financial statements.

Also, even though us PNW troublemakers were assured personally by Steve Johnson that ClubRally would be coming back online "soon", there isn't even a bulletin to that effect, or are they waiting until Friday to say anything???

Confusion alert!!
KT

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts

George,
remember to be optimistic,
The chaos caused in the last few years in a naked grab at control by the few with the big and some say prematurely grandiose vision, or down right cynical attempt to curry favor with Sububishi, will no doubt pass soon after the ones relentlessly pushing it leave for bigger and better things,so have faith in the continuance of rally and get out there and fix yer OVLOV or work out with Dave Clark to triler two cars to Ojibwe one of them being the nice straight rust free (repeat in a stupor like Homer Simson when there's beer: No rust...no rust......no rust...Hmmmmmmmm must consume......)

"once more into the breach......!"
or "this too shall pass"
or "Ils ne passerant pas!"
Huh?

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
ClubRally is ON

The Cadillac Forest ClubRally is a GO !!!
Sat. Sept 13 based out of Cadillac Michigan
(land of Trolls- under da bridge eh)
check out the website for details
http://www.webstratum.com/cadillacrally/
Hope to see you all there
(We need workers ! and plan on treating them well!)
- jeffy

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
RE: ClubRally and SCCA communication

Kristen, Don't hold your breath for Steve to respond. I sent him an inquiry and after what I thought was a reasonable length of time for a response, sent him another wanting to know why it was taking so long. Needless to say, I was the recipient of an e-mail quicker than you can say "Jack Flash" and no, I won't repeat what was said. However, you can take it that what little raport there was, is now long gone, hopefully never to resurface again. That's why so many are looking for other organizations for assistance rather than SCCA. I think our level of rallying can survive without them and grow even bigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts