Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I put the hurt on dirt
248 Posts
I have heard his name mentioned as the new "rally" representative at drifting events. Ive seen pictures of his ryhs millen racing evo 7 (his old rally car?) doing wild 4 wheel drifts at club4ag.com. the american drifting scene will be more profitable for him, there's also less tree's to crash into. only cones.

your pal and Corolla driver,
adam
"I put the hurt on dirt"

PS. his advert might be at the top of this page. click on downloads at his page to see him in action at a drift event.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I was poking around a couple months ago trying to see if there was any $$ to be made in the drifting world that could go towards my rally effort. From the few drifting events I looked at the prize money was almost as bad as SCCA rally - maybe cover the cost of tires, if you win. I'd guess being in California would help though. And if it helps you sell cars or performance parts like the Millens it might work out. Thanks for the info.

Skye

·
Registered
527 Posts
I saw Rhys in the hotel Friday night visiting with some Mitsu people, just kinda hanging out...never saw any more of him, though. Would have been an even more interesting event had he entered.

[hr]
CP
Desert Storm Rally
8V MkII GTI #305

[url]www.usrallynews.com[/url]
[/i]
[hr]

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>>So why wasn't he picked up as a factory driver?...
>
>Because he couldn't write a large enough check?

Oi! more cynical ex-North-Westerners,
tsk tsk!!

But are you suggesting that all the top 20 full time aren't all full time highly paid pros?

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
Tightens!
81 Posts
>... But are you suggesting that all the top 20 full time aren't
>all full time highly paid pros?

In a word? Youbetcha. I suspect that even in the rally community there are some misconceptions about the economic realities involved in the upper echelons of "professional" motorsports. But you knew that...

K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.