Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Dunno. You're right, it's the cheapest event on the east coast. I haven't spoken to all the folks who came last year. Amy and I made some calls several weeks ago and got in touch with about half of last year's teams, and that's where the "said they're coming" list came from.

The five year average is 39 entries. I don't know of any data that shows entry arrival time, perhaps 75% known people 3.5 weeks out is reasonable. I have no idea.

So, has anyone been keeping secret that they are going to Sandblast? Feb 18 is coming up! ;-)

Cheers,
Anders

·
Registered
44 Posts
In the past several events, I have noticed there was a trend that folks seemed to wait to pre-register.

<I always just blamed it on Anders for not posting all the names to the page fast enough> ;-)

Several times I've arrived at the event to see folks that I had no idea were going to be there.

p.s. What's the story on the Starion Boys? They are beginning to miss too many events (miss = not in the car). What about the new car they were supposed to be piloting now? If you two aren't going to race the Starion anymore, then you need to donate it to Charity (or one of my other sisters).

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
- Business re-focused last year; going Ok but not wild (yet!); cash being built up for comapny cash-flow
- Duffy moving on to finish his 4 year degree
- Celica wounded but will recover
- Starion just got a new engine

As Arnold likes to say 'I'll be back...' Thanks for asking and we'll be there workin' !

Regards,
Mark B.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed you have 10 more posts than me (I didn't realize I had that many) :p I must hurry to catch the others for I am their leader }(

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been a closet SB racer for two years. If it was one week later it would align with my day job.:)

I have no other lame excuses.
It is on my list of things to do.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Hanz said
>If it was one week later it would align with my day job.:)

But if it was one week later, it would be on top of 100AW. :( I actually called Kim way back in September to make sure that our events wouldn't be squashing each other. I hope some adventurous souls do *both*! I know I would if I had the cash! I haven't seen an entry list posted yet for 100AW, so I don't know if anyone has the chutzpah to try it. :D

Cheers,
Anders

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Has anyone else noticed these Sandblast entries?

Jeremy Drislane Mitsubishi Evo WRC
John Drislane Subaru WRC

Doug Woods

·
Registered
434 Posts
Larry and I had to withdraw.....severe disappointment. Certain key parts are still on backorder and I'm not going to risk running without them after the shakedown debacle last year. I really wanted to see more of this rally (we only made it 9 miles), have to wait until next year :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts