Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one go about obtaining an older Mitsu. Lancer EVO in the USA? I have been looking for one for quite some time to use for a track car, but they're hard to find. More specifically, an EVO II-IV. There seems to be a good supply of Skylines imported from Japan, but I haven't seen many Lancers outside of the rally community. If anyone has any suggestions as to who might be able to get one or at least point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry if this the wrong place to ask, but I know that car is popular for rallying.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
but it does need a little bit of body work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is any of the sheetmetal on the earlier EVOs interchangeable with any USDM models? or are 2nd hand panels otherwise available in the states?

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>Is any of the sheetmetal on the earlier EVOs interchangeable
>with any USDM models? or are 2nd hand panels otherwise
>available in the states?
>

Evo 1-3 is a first gen Mirage. Evo 4-6.5 is a second gen (97-01 I believe). Evo 7-9 is on the Lancer platform.

For the second gens, all class A sheet metal (and glass for that matter) is the same as a USDM mirage, the difference being the bumpers, hood, and trunk. There are some significant differences in the floorpan though, specifically in the rear. Most battle damaged rally evos are repaired with USDM mirage parts.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Do you seriously want and EVO II-III ?

Do you have money ?

Do you know I have a US LEGAL EVO II GSR with 35000 miles that I MAY consider selling to the RIGHT person for the RIGHT price ?

If you are serious feel free to contact me off line but keep in mind I NEVER have anything cheap.

Cheers
M.Samli

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Below.

Even 50mm DMS gravels, brand spanking new in the box, included.

Enticing no ?

Cheers
M.Samli

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>Below.
>
>Even 50mm DMS gravels, brand spanking new in the box,
>included.
>
>Enticing no ?
>
>Cheers
>M.Samli

$19,999.99?:p

that is pretty enticing. especially since its us legal. too bad i dont meet that money criteria. do you take dryer lint? i have alot of that. oh and paper clips, i have lots of them too.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It's not $19999.99

Seriously, it's a lot less. We keep talking $$$ in here we'll get moved to classifieds.

I didn't seriously consider selling my EVO but as you all know I don't get attached yo my cars sentimentally. If an offer that makes sense is made, even the EVO would be on the first truck to it's new owner. The same goes for my Citroen, my 240Z, USS Galant, even my Impreza.

It was a very involved and challenging project, I travelled many many miles and busted many knuckles. Every bit of the project took a lot of thinking and weighing the options, especially US Legality issues set me back a lot.

I know there are those who are wondering when I'll rally it, here is the answer, NEVER. Even though it has the proper 50mm DMS suspension I am not planing to rally it. Having said that I have all the intentions to use it as a practice car for Ramada. It has provisions to accomodate one driver and three codrivers.

Cheers
M.Samli

1 - 14 of 14 Posts