Special Stage Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
So it looks like there is a rally in Michigan that's gonna happen. May head up after work on Friday. 38 cars entered so far between National and Regional. Interesting Speed factors on some guys too.
I keep wanting to go to this one.

Can we fly in? Where is the nearest airport that will let us plug a block heater in? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering the same thing OP! Been interested in rally for years but recently moved out to Nevada and it is SO hard to find anything rally related. I don't even find good sites for things rally related for sale like cars and equipment. Everything ends up being UK websites, especially for cars. Figured I would join the forum and hopefully learn some stuff and get solid info. For starters does anyone recommend a site that people sell rally related equipment other than painstakingly looking through marketplace or craigslist? I know this site has a little classifieds but any others as well?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Are you building something?
did you buy and need to update?

start a thread. Stick around. Give people time to re-engage. I am hopeful there can be some rebuilding back to a useful level.

·
Achievement Unlocked!
882 Posts
Facebook Groups are a firehose of garbage.
If it's not completely un-related - it's new people asking the same questions over and over and over again, because it's eternal September, and it's impossible to find anything on Facebook that's from 6 months ago. No categorization what-so-ever, so it's a 30 year old rally crash video, above a TSD in California, above pics from a random event, above someone complain/asking about rules. The crap floats to the top and the trolls get rewarded for "engagement" by the platform.

Needless to say - I'm gonna stick around here and see what's up.
This forum has gone through a bunch of changes, but hey - it's still here - and archived posts are searchable Example: neon
- Kris

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
851 Posts
Yeah the FB groups have turned into things that kind of suck. Like Kris said there's no way to find anything that's older than say 6 months. I mean I think technically you can search the whole thing, but no one does builds, or write ups, or anything worth rereading on FB. And even if someone did do some sort of build write up, adding to it later wouldn't bring it to the front for new people to see, it just would add to a post that buried so deep you'll never find it. Forums have a place in this world, and they need to be kept alive.

·
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
851 Posts
Matt has a build thread on a turbo fiesta. I hear that the thing runs and drives. Can we be nice about it and “ encourage” him to finish it up? 😇
Send me a link and I'm on it!!

·
Shifting and drifting
503 Posts
Send me a link and I'm on it!!

Or try the search under car constructions....

·
Shifting and drifting
503 Posts
I was wondering the same thing OP! Been interested in rally for years but recently moved out to Nevada and it is SO hard to find anything rally related. I don't even find good sites for things rally related for sale like cars and equipment. Everything ends up being UK websites, especially for cars. Figured I would join the forum and hopefully learn some stuff and get solid info. For starters does anyone recommend a site that people sell rally related equipment other than painstakingly looking through marketplace or craigslist? I know this site has a little classifieds but any others as well?
Bentmettle may have a great car for you.... Otherwise it is tough, as there is NO ONE CENTRAL location for Rallyists to communicate effectively here in the USA. Sad that we have this great tool that Al Gore invented, yet there is very little collaboration on niche activities like what we like to do.

You guys at NASA that just came back, where are you seeing rally cars posted for sale other than here or RallyAnarchy?

·
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
851 Posts
Ah man, I miss people telling me to search for myself. 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have lurked rally pages for years. Ben's rally page, this one, and others. I am a part of the for sale/wtb FB group. Better one out of the bunch that FB has.

I'll be posting a bit, but also prepping to get to my first event. Bought an engine less rally car, and I've been collecting parts for it since I bought it. I have a full car that has parts and a low mileage engine. Just a few more things to buy, and lots of work to get to the first stage rally.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts