Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, where do all the Canadien Rally folk hang out on the internet? On Specialstage, the USA forum has 3000+ posts, but the Canada forum only as 300 some. I find it hard to believe there is 10 times more rallyists/interest in the States vs. Canada. Am I missing something? Is Canadian rally so blissfull and perfect that there is little need for discussion? :) Like I said, just curious.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dannis,

There are numbers of Canadian participants on USA part of "specialstage".
Also, look at "view" part of Canadaian part of "spaecialstage"
View also means participating in discussion.

Cherrs,

Yours in sport

Jerry Maslanka

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well here is my first post ever on this site ! ( thanks to Dennis for pumping me up )

I'll try to come here more often as I often go on the french forum...

So just a quick presentation, my name is Julien Pilon and I drive pretty much all the canadian events and STPR and Maine in the states... I drive a WRX 2002 in P4 for Lachute Subaru...

See you at Baie des Chaleurs this week end !

Julien Pilon
Lachute Subaru

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>So just a quick presentation, my name is Julien Pilon and I
>drive pretty much all the canadian events and STPR and Maine
>in the states... I drive a WRX 2002 in P4 for Lachute
>Subaru...

Julien;

Sorry I won't be at Baie. Bruce and I had a great battle with you at STPR, and intend to continue it at Maine, Defi, Voyageurs and maybe Pines.

BTW. I'm Canadian, but I seem to be going to more US events than Canadian ones this year...

Adrian

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure, but the Motorspot Club of Ottawa has one of the few, and fairly active, online Canadian rally forum section for a relatively small rally group. It is however mostly TSD related, and centres mostly on our local activity. I hate to admit I seem to have an inordinate number of posts :eek: (but I'm Director this year, so I try to keep things rolling along). We only have a few acvtive performance teams at the moment, though one of them (Brady/Frankovitch) seem to be doing quite well and we're happy about MCO beating teams from the 'centre of the universe'! :7

Our forum is at: http://www.mco.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5

If you're more into performance, I think Special Stage is the hangout, and this leaves the original question perhaps unanswered.

Cheers,
Craig
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well Martin...the USA does have 10 times as many Rally participants and population. Hell...California has a larger population than all of Canada.

There is a lot of participation from us Canadians and not just from the Eastern provinces. I'd venture to say that on a per capita basis the Canadians participate MORE than the US participants.

The main Western(Alberta)Pro Rally discussion take place on Special Stages.

The BC "boys and girls" I believe have their own forum somewhere as we don't hear very often from most of them....EXCEPT...the regulars like..Mark ...Dennis..Martin..Bill W. PatR....etc.(forgive me if I
missed a few)

The only Alberta forum I know of is the Calgary Sports Car Club forum

http://pub24.ezboard.com/bcalgarysportscarclub (mostly cone mashers though)

We Canadians have assimilated our selves so well with the majority of USA participants that we've become almost unrecognizable...right Andrew?

"you can take the boy from the country...but...you can't take the country out of the boy"

One trip to his "roots" and what does he do? WELL. We Western Canadians are proud of you Andrew and WE claim you as one of OURS :D

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts