Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working Control at Barber Motorsports Park at Birmingham this weekend, I was surprised to see a Greg Pachman listed as driver of the #00 Formula 500. Red, White and Blue car, of course. Yes, this is our own Major Greg Pachman of Air Force Reserves Motorsports.
And he did very well too. Raced in a pack of three for the lead the whole race, and finished third on Sunday. It was good to see him having fun with motorsports still.
Bill

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
road racing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow

I can't believe anyone would find me hiding in a regional at Barber.

I'm still here. I read Specialstage everyday. I am working on maintaining AFR support for the PRPP for 2005.

Things in the World Challenge are going ok for a start. Andy and Memo both work their butts off. We have Infineon this weekend and Portland the next.

Don't worry, US rally has not cornered the market on conflict and anger. You should check out the World Challenge boards.

I am getting off active duty in December and taking a part-time AFR reservist position. I will be moving to Atlanta and starting my own business. It looks like I still will be involved with AFR racing but the details are yet to be resolved.

I love F500. They are a blast to drive. Barber was only my third weekend of road racing. I took the pole on Saturday and finished 2nd and qualified 3rd and finished 3rd on Sunday. Dolphin Motorsports run the car and they are great to work with. I would love to do more rally driving but I just can't afford it.

I still hope to possibly do some work in rally in the future. Until then I will always be a fan.

Greg

P.S. Hey check out the AFR rally car in the new Rallisport Challenge 2 XBOX game. It turned out great

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
>P.S. Hey check out the AFR rally car in the new Rallisport
>Challenge 2 XBOX game. It turned out great

Working on the 4th set of colors/livery for the car. ;) So tell us about the new business!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jason

It's kind of undefined right now. The plan is to manage racing related programs for some company or entity. I have talked to a lot of people about a lot of things but nothing is anywhere near firm.

The Colonel I work for now wants to put me in a reserve position that will take more time than the classic one weekend a month two weeks a year job so we'll see how that effects things.

The wildcard is that I may start a business with my dad. He doesn't know anything about racing but he was a very successful businessman before he retired.

Doesn't sound like too good a plan, does it? Now that I read this I'm getting kind of scared. I might just be a complete idiot!

I guess we will find out in a few months. I'm sure my wife and kids will point out that fact to me when it becomes obvious.

Greg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg, you and Dolphin Motorsports were paddocked right next to my motorhome at Barber (the White and Green job that blew diesel generator exhaust into your paddock all weekend). But I was never there when you were as I worked in the tower from 7 AM on each day. If I had known you were right there I would have gotten by to meet you somehow.
But I did enjoy watching you race. Good job.
Your World Challenge driver, Memo Gidley, is a member of the Chattanooga Region.
Bill Perry
Chattanooga Region, SCCA

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bill

Small world. Sorry I missed you. Barber is an unbelievable place isn't it? It's the nicest track I have ever seen. If they have a MotoGP race I'm there.

Greg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chuck

Anytime. I live near Macon now so I'm up there all the time. I am planning to move to the Roswell/Alpharetta area. You can reach me on my cell at 478-320-4007.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts