·
>Don (just call me Jens tonight) Kennedy

There is no shame in that.

I have been reading some of his posts on Rally-L from
five years ago regarding the lack of live updates
from ProRally.

I wonder if he reads the Rally America site and has
seen that it is almost midnight on Tuesday after the
rally and still there are no official results.

I am laughing. I wonder if he is too.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Rally America!!

Rally America did not do the timing and scoring for WW because the organizers did not want them to.
Rally America worked hard to get the times on their own and had them posted long before the organizers did!

The FIA observer and a lot of the teams were not as amused as you are!!

G

·
>Rally America did not do the timing and scoring for WW

If that is correct it should be noted on the Rally America
website.

The live coverage (scores and notes) from Rally America typically
is less than stellar. It needs substantial refinement.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
some people are never happy. you are getting info. last year you got almost none untill wed. if you were lucky. the rally america people can only post what they are given as far as stories and comments. they go out and try and find info. if you look at the stuff from ojibwe it was presented in a quick manner and accurate. they had the same info on the website that the competitors had at the event at nearly the same time as the competitors had it. my wife new stuff before i told her at 3 am because of R-A. like jim and i towing lafavor to the final MTC. they even have scores from our rallyx that they scored on their site.
greg

oh they did say that on the sitethat they didnt do the scoring.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
>
>
>If that is correct it should be noted on the Rally America
>website.
>
>The live coverage (scores and notes) from Rally America
>typically
>is less than stellar. It needs substantial refinement.

Since you are such an expert, I am sure RA would welcome you to volunteer to lend them a hand. You are at every rally, aren't you?

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Blame the Wild West organizers not Rally America!!
>
>Rally America did not do the timing and scoring for
>WW because the organizers did not want them to.
>Rally America worked hard to get the times on their own and
>had them posted long before the organizers did!
>
>
>
>The FIA observer and a lot of the teams were not as amused
>as you are!!

I do admit getting in at 7pm and not having scores until 11pm seemed a bit long.

·
Registered
730 Posts
>I do admit getting in at 7pm and not having scores until
>11pm seemed a bit long.

As a matter of fact, they were posted informationally at about 8:40pm, after a thorough audit of every timing slip, official provisionals at about 9:10, and declared final 30 minutes after that. By 11pm, most of the trophies had been distributed.

Feel free to complain, but you don't need to exaggerate.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No results on SCCA site. No results on Wild West site. Results on Rally-America. You may draw whatever conclusions you like, but the "results" speak for themselves.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Everyone:

On the same weekend as the Wild West Rally, the Rallye Defi Ste-Agathe/Duhamel was being run in Canada.

As a spectator, I was able to walk into the main scoring room and within a minute leave with up-to-date printed stage/overall results.

I was also able to sit down at provided computer terminals and peruse the stage, class and overall scores. The scores were updated within minutes of cars arriving at the control.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
533 Posts
You try continuously updating a web site.... From the middle of nowhere... with no wires attached....

I think Rally America is doing an outstanding job. In many respects they pushing the limits of currently available technology to bring us the updates.

JBLewis

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: Where are Wild West Results?

This really bothers me, without results, I don't know how I did in the Hintz Picks!
Hurry up already, I think I done good.
rz

·
Registered
130 Posts
>>Rally America did not do the timing and scoring for WW
>
>
>website.
>
>The live coverage (scores and notes) from Rally America
>typically
>is less than stellar. It needs substantial refinement.

Steve - There is certainly room for improvement in our coverage
of Rally's, although it should be pointed out that the live updates are only one part of what Rally America does at rallys. If you explore the "about us" section at Rally America http://www.rally-america.com/about/wehavedone.shtml you will find just some of what we have done at rallys this year that aren't as visible as the live updates.

We were not responsible for scoring at WW. How we got our scores was to ask each and every co-driver for their stage times and posted those. We also got some of our scores from the scoring folks by reviewing stage logs. It took a lot of leg work and a lot of time to get the scores, but we thought the readers of our website might be interested in some scores and it would be worth it.

As for the notes coverage; we can only post what we know. We have people asking teams for information about what's going on with their team and how they are doing. We also encourgage teams to send someone to the truck and let us know what's going on. Some teams even hand us notes, which helps a great deal because we don't have to stop what we are doing right then and transcribe what they tell us.

We have a feedback page where you can tell us what you like and dislike about the site, what you would like to see on it, etc. A lot of people have offered very good suggestions and have even volunteered to help the effort as well.

Rally America is an organization of volunteers. None of us get paid for what we do at Rally's. So if you have any skills that we could use and you'd like to volunteer, step on up, we'll put you to work. There is a lot of things we would like to do but money, time, and people to do the work are just not there yet.
-al

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
>>Rally America did not do the timing and scoring for WW
>
>
>website.
>
I think it was!

G

·
Rallyists are a sensitive bunch.

I did not intend to slight any volunteer's efforts.

My comments were an observation, not a complaint.

I don't care if the scores are never posted.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>>I do admit getting in at 7pm and not having scores until
>>11pm seemed a bit long.
>
>As a matter of fact, they were posted informationally at
>about 8:40pm, after a thorough audit of every timing slip,
>official provisionals at about 9:10, and declared final 30
>minutes after that. By 11pm, most of the trophies had been
>distributed.
>
>Feel free to complain, but you don't need to exaggerate.

Clarification is in order I guess.

We checked into final MTC before dark. If we wanted to stay and receive our trophy in person, that didn't happen until after 11pm.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.