Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did Millens 4wd Rx7 end up?
Where are Gene Hendersons AMC SX/4s' or Guy Lights' SX/4?
I know where Larry Schmidts Colt is and Dean Blagowskis SX/4.
Anyone have pictures of the SX/4s' from 82,83,84?
I am doing some research for the AMC Eagle forum

Nick Leone

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Yeah, I have a bunch of photos of the factory SX/4's from that era. I was 11 and took my 110 camera to every rally I went to.

MIPR, Sno*Drift (the original), POR. Might take me a week to find em and scan em, but I got em.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have a bunch of photos of the factory SX/4's from that era. I was 11 and took my 110 camera to every rally I went to.

MIPR, Sno*Drift (the original), POR. Might take me a week to find em and scan em, but I got em.
Eric,`
I would appreciate anything you can find. I currently nown Dean Blagowskis SX/4
Nick Leone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Eric,`
I would appreciate anything you can find. I currently own Dean Blagowskis SX/4
Nick Leone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bought one of the last two Gene Henderson's Eagle SX4's in 1985. Rallied it a cpl of years and sold it to a guy in Houston.

The guy in Houston never rallied it as far as I know.

He mainly runs the closed pavement road races in NV.

Name is John Hennesy sp?

He also produces an improvement kit for the Dodge Viper sorta like the Saleen Mustang.

Saw a write up on him in Car and Driver or Road and Track a cpl of years ago.

Believe it was Blagowsky in his SX4 that was 1st when I was 2nd on a wet Paris by Night coef 3 in the 80's for a 1-2 sweep on alot rougher course than the Guard presently allows Paris by Night to run.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
#22 is the Toyota Corolla of Ken Neilson (San Jose, CA). They finished 8 out of 13 finishers in production. Gene Henderson finished 2nd in P in the SX4 and Dan Blagowsky finished 13th (last) in P in his SX4. Blagowski looked like he had some decent stage times except for one stage where they had trouble which took them out of contention.
JimB

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interesting Factory Eagle SX4/Gene Henderson.

The folks who were there will have more details, but the story sort of goes like this.

Steve Nowicki, pretty new ralliest was plenty fast in a Plymouth Arrow and was giving the old timers the dickens.

Scene, one of, or the last rally of the year.
NW event
Gene Henderson leading championship for the year
Nowicki had a mathmatical chance winning the championship.

Seems Henderson's Eagle became "locked up" on a one lane bridge. Nowicki was the next car or so and could not get thru.

Bottom line, Jeep and Henderson won the championship.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Except that the No. 22 pictured is not a Toyota Corolla. It is either an Opel Kadett C or an Opel/Isuzu/I-Mark.

#22 is the Toyota Corolla of Ken Neilson (San Jose, CA). They finished 8 out of 13 finishers in production. Gene Henderson finished 2nd in P in the SX4 and Dan Blagowsky finished 13th (last) in P in his SX4. Blagowski looked like he had some decent stage times except for one stage where they had trouble which took them out of contention.
JimB

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
JimB
Jim is correct according to Rally Racing News. Check out the results and car 22 is listed as a Toyota Corolla. I agree it doesn't exactly look like a Corolla but, that is how it is listed in the Official Results. :D :D

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Except that the No. 22 pictured is not a Toyota Corolla. It is either an Opel Kadett C or an Opel/Isuzu/I-Mark.
Kinda what I thought ...

Some research on rallyracingnews.com makes me think there's a fair chance that Opel was driven by John Morton from Glendale, CA. The era fits him better than other Opel drivers listed in that RRN "Opel" search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bought one of the last two Gene Henderson's Eagle SX4's in 1985. Rallied it a cpl of years and sold it to a guy in Houston.

The guy in Houston never rallied it as far as I know.

He mainly runs the closed pavement road races in NV.

Name is John Hennesy sp?

He also produces an improvement kit for the Dodge Viper sorta like the Saleen Mustang.

Saw a write up on him in Car and Driver or Road and Track a cpl of years ago.

Believe it was Blagowsky in his SX4 that was 1st when I was 2nd on a wet Paris by Night coef 3 in the 80's for a 1-2 sweep on alot rougher course than the Guard presently allows Paris by Night to run.
Hennesy ran it once in Grove OK. Developed a bad rod knock at the half way mark.
Nick Leone

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
I think (not 100% on this) that Al Tolle (Grand Rapids, MI.) ran one of the X- Light SX/4's then sold it to a person he worked with who used it as a daily driver until.....(?)
BTW - I saw a mint looking Nash Quattro in Calumet, MI on Sat night after mini POR

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Nope.

Al bought his new from AMC. Henderson built it.

I think (not 100% on this) that Al Tolle (Grand Rapids, MI.) ran one of the X- Light SX/4's then sold it to a person he worked with who used it as a daily driver until.....(?)
BTW - I saw a mint looking Nash Quattro in Calumet, MI on Sat night after mini POR
press on,

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
Kinda what I thought ...

Some research on rallyracingnews.com makes me think there's a fair chance that Opel was driven by John Morton from Glendale, CA. The era fits him better than other Opel drivers listed in that RRN "Opel" search.
I concur and retract my statement that this is a Toyota Corolla. Also this picture probably isn't from the 1983 100 acre wood because the results from that event list car #21 as a Dodge Colt and clearly that is not the case.
JimB

1 - 20 of 32 Posts