Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know how I could get in touch with Brian Hourt or one of the Robinson bros.? Some of you may remember them running various grp 2 and grp 5 cars.;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can get you in touch with them. They have added to the team recently, and have some new people that will be driving for the team while Eric is in Japan for a few months. We just set them up with some new DMS bits, so we should see the cars out there rallying soon.

Contact me at jeffdotfieldataautomationdotcom
Jeff Field

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
THIS is the way to fix G2 2wd

It's official.

We will be back in G2 very soon. The G5 project is off and being liquidated as I write this.

So billyboy, you better get that HondaR/AcuraR goin asap. :) I need some competition. ;)

hehehe

JC
#595 G2
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE: THIS is the way to fix G2 2wd

So how do you manage to stay between the trees if you keep changing directions so often, JC? Oh, wait... :)

Art's car?

Kent Gardam

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts

yeah, tell me about it...

gotta deal with lifes issues as they come. least I am still rallyin.

and, yes.

sorry to hijack yer thread Bill.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Bill,

Derik Nelson at Cascade Autosport has run a very fast Honda a few times and just built a new one when he was not working on Evo's. I think they still banner advertise here.

Also Steven Perret of H&R Springs ran a Honda and knows a few things about crushing the AWD cars on stage with it.

Derek

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Come on now guys! I know how to build the darn car I just have one question for them. I am wondering how much a new SI might weigh when its ready to rally. A 1992 Civic Si weighed about 2300# and the 2006 Si weighs about 2900#. You can see my concern.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

>Matt what did your civic weigh?

Bacon

Buy my RX7, it's almost as fast as a yellow Suzuki. And that's freakin' fast.

Screw the promotion, throw huge roosters.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

>Matt what did your civic weigh?

2200 about.

I didnt do alot of lightening, and could have lost another 100lb if I got creative.

The K20 fits in the FIT if you nudge it a little, some playa's have done the swap lots. Fit has been around for a long time in other countries. (as the Jazz)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
RE: Where are the Honda R&D guys?

Bill-

I used to shoot photos with Bryan's mom, Moni, at alot of events as she used to be a regular photographer from about 1997 up until a few years ago. The last time I contacted her was about a year and a half ago at rhourt (at) bbc (dot) net . Sometimes she's hard to get a hold of. I'd put in the header "Looking for Bryan Hourt". Best of luck and glad to see you'll be back rallying in the U.S. again.

Jerry

http://www.comicozzie.com/pf99/hourt1

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

>WOW!! My Integra was over 2700#. Ouch. Good luck with the
>Ford!!

A civic with a good motor is the ticket dude.

We used an LS motor, stock, made about 120hp at the crank.

A TypeR or LS/VTEC or B20/Vtec with the good bits you know, 220hp at the wheels no worries.

BWAAAA!

·
Registered
126 Posts

We're thinking starting a Fit project as well. The R is getting a DPR Racing Stage VI head (www.dprracing.com) along with a header from SMS Products and all sorts of other goodies. The second a Fit turns up used or salvaged, I'm there. Spoon Sports and J's Racing overseas have already turned out some pretty dang impressive figures with those toys. As for fitting a K-series in there, look at Ford's Econoline diesel vans. If they can stuff a 6 liter diesel in there, you can certainly count on fitting a K-series in a Fit. By the time you get the car and cage it, I'm sure Hasport will have already come out with a hybrid mount kit and AEM/DC Sports will have hybrid Intakes and Headers. It seems like those guys are producing the products before the cars come off the assembly line.

www.project-lmd.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Bill,

As for Team Honda Research they are still around, but the glory days of Hourt, Robinson and Robinson are over. James Robinson may make a reappearance, but the other two are "retired". I co-drove for Bryan for 2 years in 2001-2002. Eric Heitkamp is flying the THR flag as of lately. If you have any Honda questions I might be able to help you out as I helped build 4 of the cars.

-Drew

·
Registered
66 Posts

>WOW!! My Integra was over 2700#. Ouch. Good luck with the
>Ford!!

Bill, I think your Integ ate a cow. I weighed my R #478 after Snodrift, 2480 ready to rip.

E

·
Registered
63 Posts

Hey my question would be,
Do you or they have any parts, cars, or stuff for a 91 SI to get rid of? Always looking for more junk to fill my garage with. Just hope they or Matt don't get a G2 car running for STPR. That would make me finish 2 spots lower on course. Might push me to run better though.

Yeah right.

Chris Thompson
Waterboys Racing
Club Rally #948
91 Civic Si

1 - 20 of 46 Posts