Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3/1, 22 entries. Is it too soon after Sandblast? Is everybody saving the car for Cherokee Trails? There's certainly nothing else in the Northeast except for Rally NY which is a month after TN. Just curious }>

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
What about Southern folk?

List is here: http://www.rallytennessee.com/entry_list.html

Surely people aren't going to start complaining about *too many* rallies after the situation in the NE over the last couple years. ;)

I do know that some of the NYC folks said that it's just too far to make it an _easy_ weekend event. It looks like a 14 hour tow from NYC instead of 11.5 to Sandblast.

However, I think 20+ entries for a new event is pretty good. :) My real question is where are the "local" entries? Not a lot of rally cars coming out of TN or GA. It should catch on pretty soon...

Anders

·
Registered
60 Posts
RE: What about Southern folk?

Not a
>lot of rally cars coming out of TN or GA.

The only cars from Ga that i know about are running. My dad and Seamus Burke. I am sure there are a few more but there not very active.

P.s can wait to be there and "MY" car will be done soon so maybe mom will let me run.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don,

I am more relaxed prior to this event then any previouse year.
We have enough entries and we have the budget.
We have the insurance and sanction.
Forest Service permits in place for both RT and Cherokee.
Equipment including clocks, signs, banners tape, spectaor fencing, 13 chaneel trunked private radio system , hotels, documentation, workers, medical, private land for spectators, tech area, service area, and the after event party are all in place.

Public notices out today.
Route book will be finished this week.
Pete will be here with Dave on Friday to do the notes.
Score cards next week.

It looks good to me

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
I encourage everyone to run this event. Fun, fun, fun. Fantastic roads, great service area, dedicated and professional organizers, etc... Not to mention the beautiful scenery. It would be really good to get a few more Production cars down here. Come on Jon, Mad Mike, Eric, Lesley, etc. I'll come play in Maine if you come kick some dirt southern style.

Jeff Field

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very Tempting Jeff! I would love to compete against you again. Our competition made the 2002 season lots of fun!

Torque Vs. Horsepower

Jon

·
Memphis Rally Nerd
462 Posts
Im really fretting on just getting the cash too get out there to attend. The wife is giving me stress about our vacation budjet. I REALLY hate missing a rally just across the state, as I live in Memphis, TN. Sucks. I'm even thinking of selling my work car to get the $$$ to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts