Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

So I just finished watching Colorado Cog. I learned two things: Doug Havir drives with his sleaves rolled up, and Nathalie still has a pretty smile.

All those MitSubarus look and sound the same. Where are John Lane with his fire breathing Volvo and Mike Hurst with a V8 anything when ya need 'em?

·
Registered
590 Posts
The quality of what made it on screen as well as the commentary was much better than what I recall from the Doug Plummer era, that much is certain.

I do remember wondering if I was watching coverage of a Subaru club meet though.

Matt

·
Registered
366 Posts
I thought it was pretty good coverage. Showed all classes multiple times & multiply driver interviews. It is not the fault of the film crew that a lot of teams run Subabushi's!

The roads also looked to be interesting!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Go John Go!

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well I am still awaiting that ever elusive sponsor to help earn a 'National towing Champeenship.'
I sure would have loved to make them camera guys RUN further faster into the woods as they fear if not for their lives then for their equipment :p
It sure is not for a lack of wanting to be out in the woods throwing rocks at my friends..........

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Well I am still awaiting that ever elusive sponsor to help
>earn a 'National towing Champeenship.'
>I sure would have loved to make them camera guys RUN further
>faster into the woods as they fear if not for their lives
>then for their equipment :p
>It sure is not for a lack of wanting to be out in the woods
>throwing rocks at my friends..........
>
>John Lane
>Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

Is it just me, or have the Sasquach sightings lessened since you've been away from the sport the last couple of years?

Yep. I'm a wimp still.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ah, but the real litmus test is: did they show Production? Did they mention that M. Tabor and K. Poirier won the championship at that event?

Hmmm..... my sources tell me, no. So, do you still think they showed all the classes?

I haven't seen it yet, but Mom watched it yesterday while babysitting the little Tabor girls, and she said that at the end they said stay tuned for the next rally, and then showed Sno*Drift pictures. What happened to LSPR?? Has it snowed enough at LSPR to make it look like Sno*Drift?

·
Registered
397 Posts
>Is it just me, or have the Sasquach sightings lessened since
>you've been away from the sport the last couple of years?
>
>Yep. I'm a wimp still.

That would not surprise me Trevor. I am overdue for hanging out in the woods and scaring other teams with my bare flesh!!

Your having a strong urge toward self preservation does not a wimp make you..........You are still a good guy even if you don't go fast through the woods.

You Vote Trevor? I did.

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
397 Posts
>Then I'll clarify...he is much better behind the camera than
>in front
>

As long as they don't get MY antics on tape it is all good.

:p

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
31 Posts
>I haven't seen it yet, but Mom watched it yesterday while
>babysitting the little Tabor girls, and she said that at the
>end they said stay tuned for the next rally, and then showed
>Sno*Drift pictures. What happened to LSPR?? Has it snowed
>enough at LSPR to make it look like Sno*Drift?

Actually, they showed some clips from LSPR '02, when it snowed on the Friday stages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts