Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing several Evo VIII for sale on ebay for extremely low prices such as $10K or $5K for non-wrecks. I am talking about "Buy it now" prices, not for bidding where the price can continue to go up.
So what's up with that? is something bad going on with Evos in USA? like mechanical, dealer problems or legal issues? that many of us don't know?

I am just curious, we can't import those things into Canada anyway.

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
Hmmm, maybe you could offer to send them a check for $20k and have them send you the over payment in a separate check? Scam the scammers (presuming sarcastically that is what this is).
Jim Blumenfeld

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Jim, the first thing I thought was that they might be just scams, but then, who would be dumb enough to send money before seeing the car and checking it's papers? that's why I asked if there was problems with some Evos in the US and people were getting rid of them.

I guess part two of the question should have been; Are Evo VIII drivers happy with their cars after a couple of years? are they worth the money?

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Yes Jim, the first thing I thought was that they might be
>just scams, but then, who would be dumb enough to send money
>before seeing the car and checking it's papers? that's why I
>asked if there was problems with some Evos in the US and
>people were getting rid of them.
>
>I guess part two of the question should have been; Are Evo
>VIII drivers happy with their cars after a couple of years?
>are they worth the money?

As a former Evo owner... I think a lot of us got tired of the amount of Car theft that seemed to follow them around.

As far as the car itself... 75 mph on 90 degree corners, insane acceleration... violent car. Loved it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts