Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It's definitely nice to see Karl back (I'd assume it's a privateer entry?!). I'd imagine that Subaru just hasn't entered the event for Lovell and Lagemann yet with their factory entries. Also, note that Doug Shepherd is running in a Gr. 5 Dodge (probably the 2003 Neon that Al K won with at Cherokee Trails)?
Jerry Winker:D

·
Registered
946 Posts
>It's posted here:
>
>http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/entrylist.htm
>
>And it shows Karl Scheible entered in an Open Class Subaru,
>I thought he was running a Lancer this year?
>
>Also, Neither Mark Lovell nor Ramana Lagemann are entered at
>all.
>
>I'm confused
>
>The Monster of Wagon

Rod Millen Seed 1? Then Buffum should be too... I don't want them starting behind me...

Blended seeding really affects the Production class. Seed 7 competing against Seed 3, just road condition of another 40 cars will cost the lower seed 10 minutes of event time. Even at Seed 5, you will still have the Clubrally competitors in Evo's between you and the seed 3 Production class cars. Looks like I better get me an Evo rental to attain seed 3 before I run Production again.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa.). I would say it was MR SENIOR! Didn't you see my post regarding the pre Paintball event. That car is immaculate. I think he will kick butt at Rim!

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Scott Senior lives in California. He has been doing the Pan-America (or whatever it's called) in Mexico the last couple of years but I think I saw a reference on this forum that he had done a rallycross at Leon's Paintball Park out there with a Colt recently. Scott Junior does have one of the old Team Harco Colts that he has used on recent editions of POR, which is now running as a go-fast TSD. Scott Junior just started a new job in the Detroit area a couple of months ago and so I seriously doubt that he would be towing out west for Rim with his Colt, besides he has a DSM that he runs in Club/Pro events. Who knows, maybe Senior will drive and convince Junior to fly out and Co-drive.

Kent Gardam

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa.). I would say it was
>MR SENIOR! Didn't you see my post regarding the pre
>Paintball event. That car is immaculate. I think he will
>kick butt at Rim!

If Rod Millen comes out of rallying retirement and is seed 1, how does the seeding system work for Harvey Sr. to be seed 4? Just wondering.

I don't think that Scott will kick butt at Rim, but I am sure he will drive sensibly and quickly.

Doug Woods

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Kent:

If this trend of old farts coming out of retirement continues - we might all have to get together at a rally and actually compete, as opposed to just drinking beer and telling tall tales.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott Senior ran both the Tombstone Rally-X and the Tombstone Seed 1 Rally Sprint in his Colt. Which, by the way, is one of the most beautiful rally cars I've ever seen, almost too nice to run! I hope he kicks butt at Rim!

The Monster of Wagon

·
Registered
265 Posts
RE: Scott Harvey's Colt

I spoke with Scott Harvey Jr at SnoDrift and he told me his father was building a 1971 Colt for Historic Class, and that he (Jr) had been shipping quite a few old Mitsubishi pieces to Dad in California.

Bear in mind that Historic class rules will keep most cars about as fast as today's Production Class cars (with multi-valves, FI and other advancements)

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts

>I spoke with Scott Harvey Jr at SnoDrift and he told me his
>father was building a 1971 Colt for Historic Class

Tim:

A 1971 Colt means that the car is 31 years old. The last time I saw Scott was at the 1977 POR where he was drivin his "Plastic Fantastic". I would say Scott was somewhere around 40 to 45 years old then. So add 25 years and he is definitely a really old rally fart! Unless he has Rallybrat co-driving for him, it looks like a record will be set at Rim for the total combined age of driver, co-driver and car for an SCCA rally.

If I was going to attend Rim, I would find it interesting that Petter Solberg will be there. I would be keen to see how Rod Millen will do against today's drivers. However, it would make my day to meet Scott again and to see him driving.

Think about some of his accomplishments. Winner of the 1968 Shell 4000 Rally. Winner of the 1969, 1970 and 1971 POR Rallies. Ahead of his time by travelling to South Africa to compete in the 1972 Total Rally and to Finland to compete in the 1973 1000 Lakes Rally. And on and on.

I hope the organizers of the Rim understand the significance of Scott entering their rally - it will mark his participation in 5 decades of American rallying! It would be nice to see them recognize him in some way.

Anyone from the Forum who is at Rim should take time to meet Scott and thank him for his contribution to the sport.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
39 Posts
RE: Old Rally Farts

Well, I was wavering, but now that I hear that Scott is entering, that does it...I'm entering if not just to say hello.

From one old rally fart to another,;)

Bill Montgomery (age? ageless!!!)

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts

>A 1971 Colt means that the car is 31 years old. The last
>time I saw Scott was at the 1977 POR where he was drivin his
>"Plastic Fantastic". I would say Scott was somewhere around
>40 to 45 years old then. So add 25 years and he is
>definitely a really old rally fart! Unless he has Rallybrat
>co-driving for him, it looks like a record will be set at
>Rim for the total combined age of driver, co-driver and car
>for an SCCA rally.
>

72 + 31 + navigator's age. Could easily be a record!

>Think about some of his accomplishments. Winner of the 1968
>Shell 4000 Rally. Winner of the 1969, 1970 and 1971 POR
>Rallies. Ahead of his time by travelling to South Africa to
>compete in the 1972 Total Rally and to Finland to compete in
>the 1973 1000 Lakes Rally. And on and on.
>
>I hope the organizers of the Rim understand the significance
>of Scott entering their rally - it will mark his
>participation in 5 decades of American rallying! It would
>be nice to see them recognize him in some way.
>
>Anyone from the Forum who is at Rim should take time to meet
>Scott and thank him for his contribution to the sport.
>
>Doug Woods

Nice of you to bring up these facts. It is real nice to see him getting out and playing in rallying again. The La Carrera thing has probably run its course. He was looking for something different to get into (or return to).

Wish I could be there to help. I will be out there this weekend on business - so we have plans to get together on Saturday. Plus it will give me a chance to deliver more parts.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
>>Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa.). I would say it was
>>MR SENIOR! Didn't you see my post regarding the pre
>>Paintball event. That car is immaculate. I think he will
>>kick butt at Rim!
>
>If Rod Millen comes out of rallying retirement and is seed
>1, how does the seeding system work for Harvey Sr. to be
>seed 4? Just wondering.
>
>I don't think that Scott will kick butt at Rim, but I am
>sure he will drive sensibly and quickly.
>
>Doug Woods

I just looked at the entry list. They seem to be using my seed and car number (519). More than likely he should be seed 1 or 2 - though a 31 year old 2wd car driven by an old man probably is better off in seed 4 ;-)

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts

Not sure about your age calculation, but for last years LSPR, I thought Art Brumeister and I set an age record, 60 + 56 = 116 but Doc was quick to tell me that he and Ken White totalled over 120 so with Scott hitting 72, he needs at least a 50+ year old co-driver.

David Weiman
[email protected]

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts

OK, I see that, for us last year, 116 + 15 for the car equals 131. For Doc and Ken Stewart, that truck of Ken's must me at least 20 years old taking them to 140+. That means your Dad need a co-driver over 40+. We shall see. Need Ken or Doc to weigh in on actual ages and the car's age. We shall see.

>Dave - you're forgetting to enter the car's age in the
>equation.
>
>Scott
>www.teamharco.com
>Team Harco Motorsports
>"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

David Weiman
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.